DoxieMom

Hi, I am a new freshwater planted aquarium enthusiasts. I have one 15 gallon Fluval flex, with 3 Mollies & some frys, 1 lonely Celestial pearl danio, 4 mystery snails, plants I have an Amazon sword, Java fern, Anubias, Hornwart and Moss ball. Base is Eco-Complete Substrate with Driftwood, fluval pebbles and a ornamental centerpiece.
I also have my 5 gal, with a Betta, plants of Anubias Nana, Amazon sword, Hornwart and moss ball.
I now purchased a 32.5 Fluval Flex which I am very excited to get started setting up. This tank I want to make a community tank with plants also. At the present time my focus and research has been around either Gourami, Angel or Rams. Once I get the best info, care taking, and compatability. I'll decide on one type.
Again I have my substrate, driftwood, slate, and pebbles to start working with. Then I will go forward into my plants and scaping. Maybe this is backwards but it's preparing for me.
So I would appreciate any suggestions and input you may have on community fish.
P.S. no more Mollies or live breaders if possible...lol

Attachments

• 16135194722337549974617230924229.jpg
    16135194722337549974617230924229.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 16135195412476992351852430019415.jpg
    16135195412476992351852430019415.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 11

Madchild57

Hi, I am a new freshwater planted aquarium enthusiasts. I have one 15 gallon Fluval flex, with 3 Mollies & some frys, 1 lonely Celestial pearl danio, 4 mystery snails, plants I have an Amazon sword, Java fern, Anubias, Hornwart and Moss ball. Base is Eco-Complete Substrate with Driftwood, fluval pebbles and a ornamental centerpiece.
I also have my 5 gal, with a Betta, plants of Anubias Nana, Amazon sword, Hornwart and moss ball.
I now purchased a 32.5 Fluval Flex which I am very excited to get started setting up. This tank I want to make a community tank with plants also. At the present time my focus and research has been around either Gourami, Angel or Rams. Once I get the best info, care taking, and compatability. I'll decide on one type.
Again I have my substrate, driftwood, slate, and pebbles to start working with. Then I will go forward into my plants and scaping. Maybe this is backwards but it's preparing for me.
So I would appreciate any suggestions and input you may have on community fish.
P.S. no more Mollies or live breaders if possible...lol
I'm a huge believer of peacock gudgeons. They're very unique, beautifully colored bottom dwellers that aren't too common to see. Other than that, honey gouramis are great and easy to keep in a 32.5.
EDIT: for a tank that large, perhaps look into sunset thick lip gouramis- all the hardiness and peaceful nature of honeys but a bit bigger and a lot more personable and interactive. The issue is finding a good specimen though.

Marlene327

Welcome! I don't have ideas for you, just saying welcome aboard! I love guppies, but after awhile with them, I'm getting overwhelmed, so no more livebearers for me, either!

I used to have Honey Gouramis and really liked them alot. So maybe that's an idea I can throw out - 3 of those.

Dawn Michele

Welcome to Fishlore!! Beautiful tank!!!

DoxieMom

I'm a huge believer of peacock gudgeons. They're very unique, beautifully colored bottom dwellers that aren't too common to see. Other than that, honey gouramis are great and easy to keep in a 32.5.
EDIT: for a tank that large, perhaps look into sunset thick lip gouramis- all the hardiness and peaceful nature of honeys but a bit bigger and a lot more personable and interactive. The issue is finding a good specimen though.
Madchild57
Thank you so much, I will be looking into the peacock gudgeons and sunset thick lips. Before reading this forum I hadn't heard of many of these species. Another reason why I joined. So much information from years of knowledge.

aquachris

Welcome to fishlore, thanks for posting some pics Nice tanks - love it. I get the no more live bearers.. holy smokes they are quick to overrun. I'm trying to get rid of all my female guppies....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Stickleback
Replies
Views
Netti
20 Gallon Tank New member here
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
5 Gallon Tank New~!