Kaiti

Hello everyone I'm new here, I tried to set up my bio but I have to be an active member so I thought I'd throw myself out there. I currently have two tanks. One has a double tail male betta in a 5.5 gallon with live plants and a turned over pot. The other is 40 gallons with lots of live plants, rocks, and driftwood. That tank has four tetras, three guppies, three Cory catfish, a BN pleco and a gold panda mollie. I've always loved fish, kept a few when I was younger, and until recently did not have the space to keep them. I've quickly become obsessed.

Fgrefee

Welcome to fishlore!

Mister Krabbs

Welcome to FishLore!

bubble1807

Welcome to fishlore!! I'd suggest getting 3 more corys as they like to be in bigger groups and a couple more tetras for the same reason, otherwise it's perfect

Al913

WELCOME to Fishlore!

So your first advice is gonna be your stocking! What ever tetra and corys you have you want to have 6. Tetras and cories are schooling/shoaling fish and need to be in a group of a minimum of 6.

Kaiti

Welcome to fishlore!! I'd suggest getting 3 more corys as they like to be in bigger groups and a couple more tetras for the same reason, otherwise it's perfect

It's a fairly new tank so I've been introducing new fish slowly. I can't wait to get more! Especially the tetras! My 3 yo daughter loves them as much as I do!

bubble1807

I also made the mistake of having 2 black neon tetras and 2 corys when I started my first tank but all are still alive and all are now in groups feeling a lot happier than they were

Kaiti

WELCOME to Fishlore!

So your first advice is gonna be your stocking! What ever tetra and corys you have you want to have 6. Tetras and cories are schooling/shoaling fish and need to be in a group of a minimum of 6.

I absolutely agree! I've been trying to not overstock the tank too quickly. I'm a little nervous to add more bottom feeders to the tank because they produce a lot of waste. According to my "fish math" I shouldn't have a problem adding six more fish.

I also made the mistake of having 2 black neon tetras and 2 corys when I started my first tank but all are still alive and all are now in groups feeling a lot happier than they were

Black neon tetras?? I have yet to see those, now I'm intrigued. I have green, purple, orange, and pink tetras now and have been looking around for other colors so we can tell them apart. My daughter likes to name them. The purple one is Ursula

Quick question. When I add more corys should they be pandas as well?

BravetheBetta

if you've got pandas add pandas! fish should be given their own species to school with and create a pecking order with, since each species has its own perks and quirks!

Al913

Agree! I set up my 40 breeder 3 months ago and here's how it looks like now, I have 8 peppered corys, 12 lambchop rasbora(had 16), and 2 guppies. I also have some RCS!

Kaiti

This is my current setup

BravetheBetta

Agree! I set up my 40 breeder 3 months ago and here's how it looks like now, I have 8 peppered corys, 12 lambchop rasbora(had 16), and 2 guppies. I also have some RCS!

are you fully stocked with that setup? I'm not great with stocking, but that feels a little light?

Al913

Yep its light! If I get the chance to go the the pet store I am going to get 4-6 more guppies! But that won't be for awhile , I don't mind light stocking, in fact I love it!

BravetheBetta

fair enough! i've also got a 40G breeder and it's a little heavier stocked than that. still not fully stocked though!

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom