New member.

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by CrazyEyes, Apr 21, 2012.

1. CrazyEyesNew MemberMember

Hey what's up everyone. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Mike, I am new to the site and fairly new to the hobby. I recently purchases a 55g with stand for a sweet deal. I am planning on keeping this simple. I am just going to put together a simple FOWLR setup. Anyways here is a picture of what it looks like now. I still haven't gotten around to adding sand or water. But it won't be much longer. Cheers!

tank.jpg

2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!!
    It'll be fun watching the tank progress.
    Good luck :)

3. Disc61

Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Hello and welcome to Fishlore:;hi2 have fun

4. NievesoNew MemberMember

Hey mike congrats on getting a sweet tank and it will definatly look great with the FOWLR setup make sure to get a really expensive waterfall filter allways works best for me sponge filters can pollute the tank with its own filth so waterfall works best unless you want to get RCS or ghost shrimp anyway good luck take care of yor fish and for beginners i reccomend guppies and neon-tetras but if you wanna go straight to saltwater thats awesome tackle the hard stuff first and beat the $#@% out of the easy stuff later :D Batman FTW!!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. roy

royValued MemberMember

welcome to the forum, good luck with your new project, take your time and enjoy, do plenty of research

6. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Yah, a saltwater build to watch. Keep us updated on your progress.
    Welcome!

7. Fall River

Fall RiverValued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore! I'll be following your build also.

8. Dino

DinoFishlore VIPMember

Great to have you with us!

9. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

Hi, welcome to Fishlore :;hi2

Another salty FTW. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Looks like a great setup :;hf

10. Fall River

Fall RiverValued MemberMember

At Ryan... What's FTW ?

11. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

FTW = For The Win - it's a sign of great excitement :)

12. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I hope you enjoy the site.

Looking forward to your progress. :)

Ken welcomehiya.gif

13. Hi and welcome.

14. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

Hi and welcome to fishlore

15. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

Hey there and welcome!!!!!!!

16. Dlondon95

Dlondon95Well Known MemberMember

Welcome!

Looking forward to watching the tank progress.

17. OP
    OP
    C

CrazyEyesNew MemberMember

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the positive responses. I'll be filling it up this weekend and starting to add from there, I kind of pushed back filling up due to the fact I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment complex and I'm in the middle of getting my renters insurance finalized but after that it'll be game on. I kind of need some thoughts. Being an avid fisherman I really like the way White grunts look. I catch them all the time around here and just recently realized they change their colors in respect to their surroundings. Now being that I am infact going with a FOWLR setup, I'd really like to stick with local fish that I can catch around here (nothing too big) just simple things. Has anyone had any experience with introducing wild fish into an enclosed environment and if so what about grunts in particular?

18. OP
    OP
    C

CrazyEyesNew MemberMember

I picked up a 10g for a sump. 10g didn't fit in my stand. I tried to remove the plastic trim and was unsuccessful. Split the tank down the side. Decided I needed to build a new stand to put a sump. A good friend of mine sold me 20g tall and a 30g long for $25 :;rocker. Now it is time to build a stand and overflow. Will be posting pics soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice