New member to FishLore

BradleyH2O

Howdy folks! New member here, but I've been lurking for a few weeks and really enjoy the content. I have read the forum rules and they seem pretty straightforward, so no worries there. A little about myself... I used to be really into aquariums when I was a kid. Growing up, we had saltwater tanks, Tiger Oscars, various cichlid tanks and temporarily, an octopus. I was about 18 y.o. when I had my last tank of cichlids that I unfortunately had to sell because we were moving long distance. Fast forward 24 years and I’m finally getting back into a hobby that I’ve always found extremely captivating, but due to growing up, moving around a lot for work and life in general, let fall by the wayside. I got my fix whenever I went snorkeling in the summer and really enjoy viewing the underwater world.

I’m currently working on setting up a small Lake Tanganyika biotope in an Aqueon 40 gal breeder that I picked up at Petco yesterday, for $49.99 (50% off). So far, I have the tank, 40# white sand substrate and 5# of black sand substrate for a bit of contrast, but I’m still in the very early stages of the build. I plan on making a thread on the progress of my build, once I nail down filtration, lighting, equipment etc. Thanks for taking the time to read!

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore most of us have in one way or another done the circle like yourself,

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :) I am looking for a 40B myself. They are $49 at Petco but Its hard finding a stand for it.

BradleyH2O

Welcome to Fishlore! :) I am looking for a 40B myself. They are $49 at Petco but Its hard finding a stand for it.
I meant to type Petco, but put Petsmart by accident, lol. I have noticed that they are hard to find, unless you want to pay for a really nice one. Petco also has a metal frame stand made by Imagitarium that is currently on sale at Petco for $79.99. I might pick one up.

GuppyOverlord11

Welcome!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dennis57
55 Gallon Tank New Member Introduction
Replies
Views
Ekunk64
Replies
Views