New member longtime lurker

Og2treats

Hi everyone. I’m a new member, finally decided to join after lurking for the last few years. I have 17 tanks ranging from 10 gallons, to a 75 gallon betta sorority tank. I was bitten by the fish bug after returning home from Afghanistan while recuperating at home my husband bought me a goldfish and that’s how this all started. Love the advice freely given by the members of the community, almost everything I know I learned on this site. My efforts now are focused on breeding Bettas & Discus fish and the original goldfish is still alive and thriving in the pond we put in two years ago.

Cherie G

Welcome! I believe we all started out here as lurkers, but You may have the lurking record though ! If you are interested in sharing, you should post some pictures of your tanks. Many here would love to see them.

mattgirl

Welcome to Fishlore

And most of all Thank You for your service.

Mhamilton0911

Hey!! Welcome to fishlore!!!

mimo91088

Welcome aboard!

Basil

Welcome! Yeah, I think we could all have earned a lurker badge before officially joining!

Og2treats

Cherie G said:
Welcome! I believe we all started out here as lurkers, but You may have the lurking record though ! If you are interested in sharing, you should post some pictures of your tanks. Many here would love to see them.
Thank you. I finally joined because I saw people asking questions and wanted to help, so many have helped me and never known it so it was time to say a big thank you and give back to folks who are where I was a few years ago. Where do I post pics? I have a 50 with some really coolPeters Elephant Fish for example and of course my beloved Betta & Discus fish. I’ts amazing how George the goldfish turned into the obsession, the pond is being expanded upon as we speak, I now have with fish.

JLAquatics

Welcome to the family!

Og2treats

Cherie G said:
Thank you I’m just trying to figure out where to post them
mattgirl said:
Welcome to Fishlore

And most of all Thank You for your service.
Thank you & most welcome. This country is amazing, there’s a lot wrong with it but the fact that, you and I for example, can come up with and idea, spark a change and a movement that has the potential to effect a beneficial change the impacts We The People is a gift few in the world have.

AcornTheBetta

Og2treats said:
Hi everyone. I’m a new member, finally decided to join after lurking for the last few years. I have 17 tanks ranging from 10 gallons, to a 75 gallon betta sorority tank. I was bitten by the fish bug after returning home from Afghanistan while recuperating at home my husband bought me a goldfish and that’s how this all started. Love the advice freely given by the members of the community, almost everything I know I learned on this site. My efforts now are focused on breeding Bettas & Discus fish and the original goldfish is still alive and thriving in the pond we put in two years ago.
Welcome to fishlore!

betta06

welcome to fishlore! we would love to see a few of your tanks!

Cherie G

Og2treats said:
You can post them in this thread or if you want you could create a new thread or I think there is also a very long thread called "show off your tanks" or something like that. I also thank you for your service! My dad served and was badly wounded in Vietnam so it means a lot to me to recognize the sacrifices our veterans have made to serve our country.

mattgirl

Og2treats said:
Check out this section of the forum https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/forums/members-fish-tanks.133/ There you can start your own thread and post you photos there.

Thank you & most welcome. This country is amazing, there’s a lot wrong with it but the fact that, you and I for example, can come up with and idea, spark a change and a movement that has the potential to effect a beneficial change the impacts We The People is a gift few in the world have.
I totally agree with this. I want to think there is a lot more right than there is wrong. All the great folks here on this forum getting along and sharing with each other gives me hope.

Og2treats

Cherie G said:
You can post them in this thread or if you want you could create a new thread or I think there is also a very long thread called "show off your tanks" or something like that. I also thank you for your service! My dad served and was badly wounded in Vietnam so it means a lot to me to recognize the sacrifices our veterans have made to serve our country.
Coming home is rough. Our training requires that your emotions be put on hold, that’s hard to do. I’m a retired combat nurse and I don’t know how many young I held as they died, they haunt me and I often wonder what I could have done differently. I find peace in my fish. Hope your father is thriving.

Dennis57

Hi, and Welcome to Fishlore.

Thank You For Your Service.

JettsPapa

Og2treats said:
Coming home is rough. Our training requires that your emotions be put on hold, that’s hard to do. I’m a retired combat nurse and I don’t know how many young I held as they died, they haunt me and I often wonder what I could have done differently. I find peace in my fish. Hope your father is thriving.
You're a stronger person than I am. I like to think I know my strengths and weaknesses, and I couldn't do that. Saying thank you for your service doesn't seem adequate, but I don't know what more to say, other than you have my admiration and respect in addition to thanks.

I know this probably doesn't help, but I doubt very much that there was anything you could have done differently.

GuppyGal7

Og2treats said:
Are you my twin? I too just joined after being a lurker for years... Welcome!

Og2treats

Karena007 said:
Are you my twin? I too just joined after being a lurker for years... Welcome!
I know right, glad you made the jump like I did.
JettsPapa said:
You're a stronger person than I am. I like to think I know my strengths and weaknesses, and I couldn't do that. Saying thank you for your service doesn't seem adequate, but I don't know what more to say, other than you have my admiration and respect in addition to thanks.

I know this probably doesn't help, but I doubt very much that there was anything you could have done differently.
Thanks. So I’m technically challenged how do I start a thread with pics? I’m sorry for the dumb question, I figured out how to do it with a reply but have a case of SEU when it comes to posting Attached is a picture of Edgar my first home bred, the only survivor of that poor spawn He’s a friendly little chap who eats out of my hand and he knows he has favored fish status he lives in a 29g tank with a hodge lodge of rescue fish that he bosses around he’s almost 3 now and living his best life
5891B97C-0BD1-430D-9DC9-48D422B9E99B.jpeg

Latest threads

Top Bottom