55 Gallon Tank New Member Introduction

Ekunk64

Hi-I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I recently semi-retired (quit my professional job) and am now working hard to fill up every minute of my days with things I enjoy.

I got a part time job at PetSmart and after several months am now in the Pet Care department which was my goal. I’m blessed that the department lead and the Pet Care staff members are actually very knowledgeable and committed to giving accurate advice and information to pet owners and fish keepers. We work daily to defy the stereotype that most big box stores have (often well-deserved) that they don’t know what they’re doing in the fish area.

I grew up with aquarium hobbiest parents-they were club members, went to events and competitions, bred fish, had tanks in every room of the house... My brother and I were VERY involved, so while I am just now getting in to this hobby, I do not consider myself to be a beginner. I know enough to know that there is always more to know.

In fact, I come to this group having already committed several of the most common beginner mistakes looking for advice on how to solve my issues.

I’m looking forward to being a part of this community.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 27

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore Ekunk get yourself involved here we're still learning thats something that'll never change

Demonskid

Welcome to Fishlore!

Such pretty fish, what kind are they? I'm still new to the hobby so I can't ID anything other than Bladder vs Pond vs Ramshorn snail. xD

Demonskid

Welcome to Fishlore Ekunk! :)

The fish in the first photo is a red tail shark and the fish in the second photo is a blood parrot cichlid (basically an altered midas cichlid rather than it’s own species).
Thought I had seen that second fish type before! I had followed a thread last year that was dedicated to a blood parrot! I don't think I've ever seen a red tail shark before tho. Isn't there a 3rd fish? I think I see one in the third photo. That or its my eyes playing tricks on me.

Thank you!

BigManAquatics

Welcome!! Yep, always something new to learn!

Ekunk64

Welcome to Fishlore!

Such pretty fish, what kind are they? I'm still new to the hobby so I can't ID anything other than Bladder vs Pond vs Ramshorn snail. xD
A red tail black shark which I am re-homing. Blood Red Parrot, and both a male and female betta. Have now added 4 gouramis to the tank.
Just realized I improperly labeled my own pictures! The shark is correct, and being re-homed. One of the 4 gouramis is showing in the middle of the tank. We got 2 powder blues and 2 dwarf. There aren’t pictures of the bettas.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jewel1967
Replies
Views
aquari0jess
Replies
Views
K3nzie
Replies
Views