New member Intro post!

TinyTemper

Hi Everyone!

My Name is Louise and I've been keeping tropical freshwater fish for over ten years (not always successfully mind...). My favourite fish of all time are puffers, though I've never kept them. I got my first tank when I was about ten, because my mum and dad thought it would be an easy pet that they wouldn't have to help care for. Knowing nothing about fish at the time, it was a lot of trial and error but I'd like to think I've learned a lot since then.

I went away to uni to study Zoology, did an MRes in Bioscince and now that I'm finally settled with a decent job and the stress is over I'm excited to be able to keep a tank again.

My boyfriend and I currently have a 60l clearseal corner tank set up in our bedroom (my dad got it me it when I was little) with two apple snails and one lonely Amano Shrimp. It's kind of just thrown together at the moment, but we're growing out come plants and there's some wood in there, it's heated to about 22°C for now. We plan on upgrading sometime in the next couple of months, possibly the next year and I hope to do as much research as possible before then as I've never had a tank bigger than 170l before.

I'm excited to join in on discussions and share/receive advice here. Look forward to meeting you all!

WRWAquarium

Welcome to the forum :)

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore Louise hope you enjoy it here
I love you fishlore name Tiny temper, how did that come about

TinyTemper

Croeso welcome to fishlore Louise hope you enjoy it here
I love you fishlore name Tiny temper, how did that come about
Diolch yn fawr! I've not long moved home to Scotland but we lived in Wales for six years.

Cheers haha I can't take credit for that I'm afraid, it's something my cousin came up with but it's appropriate :rolleyes:

Mafleah

Cymru am byth

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
ForBettaorForWorse
Replies
Views
K3nzie