75 Gallon Tank New member here

Lozza79

Hi, I'm Lozza and new to keeping tropical fish. I started with a 20ltr tank but have now got a 75ltr which currently houses 6 silvertip tetra, 2 male dwarf gouramis and 2 Cory cats. One of my dwarf gouramis was bullying the other but now they are in a bigger tank they are fine. I would really like to get an angel fish. Will this be OK?

Blacksheep1

Hi Lozza , welcome !

I really wouldn’t recommend angelfish in that tank size. They get big real fast and require a deep tank due to the size of the fins, they can also become aggressive. Maybe a different Stocking would work but I’d steer clear of angelfish.

BigManAquatics

Welcome! How you like the silvertip tetras? I don't have any but kind of want some!

Ouse

Welcome. :)

It’s a no to the angelfish, but a big yes to adding a few more of the cories.

Long term, the dwarf gouramis could be trouble. I don’t like to describe territorial behaviour as “bullying” as that’s not what it is.

Edit: the title says 75 gallons, but you type 75 litres... which is it?

Lozza79

Welcome! How you like the silvertip tetras? I don't have any but kind of want some!
We have 6, 2 males and 4 females and I do think that sometimes the males annoy the females constantly chasing them. We did want neon tetras but were told because we were just starting out these would be best. They are very active and fun to watch

It’s a no to the angelfish, but a big yes to adding a few more of the cories.

Long term, the dwarf gouramis could be trouble. I don’t like to describe territorial behaviour as “bullying” as that’s not what it is.

Edit: the title says 75 gallons, but you type 75 litres... which is it?
Hi, sorry my mistake, it's a 75ltr tank we have. We goy some big (height) plants as we're told would be good for them but I must say since they have been in bigger tank
Hi Lozza , welcome !

I really wouldn’t recommend angelfish in that tank size. They get big real fast and require a deep tank due to the size of the fins, they can also become aggressive. Maybe a different Stocking would work but I’d steer clear of angelfish.
Thank you for the advice, all the aquarium stores have said it would be fine but I want to have Happy fish

otterblue

Noroomforshoe

Welcome to fishlore!
But sorry, an angelfish would need a much larger tank, more than double the size. And dwarf gourami, really most gourami, would not be good tankmates to keep with angelfish, as both species are territorial top dwellers.

Blacksheep1

My angel is 8 and a 1/2 inches from the top of his fin to the very bottom. They need room to swim and move comfortably, they start off two tiny and cute but soon become big and chunky ! You can get different types of tetras comfortably together so if you wanted neons then you can still do once your tank is settled. Plants are always a good call too ! :D

Lozza79

My angel is 8 and a 1/2 inches from the top of his fin to the very bottom. They need room to swim and move comfortably, they start off two tiny and cute but soon become big and chunky ! You can get different types of tetras comfortably together so if you wanted neons then you can still do once your tank is settled. Plants are always a good call too ! :D
Thanks for the advice. Yes we have live plants in there too and will definitely look into some other fish

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coldpines
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Cue
Replies
Views