New member 3 months into fish keeping

Netti

Hi everyone, I'm 3 months into fish keeping. I am having fun with planted tanks. Have mostly smaller aquariums.

This is my fluval flex 15. Hosting 1 betta, 9 neon tetras, 4 ember tetras, 2 otocinclus, 4 amano shrimps and 1 nerite snail.

20210613_135401.jpg

This is a 40L Boyu tank hosting 1 betta, 3 albino corydoras, 6 endlers and 3 assassin snails.

20210613_135415.jpg

And this is my fluval spec 5 shrimp tank which hosts about a dozen Red Cherry shrimps, 3 amanos, one horned nerite and 6 chilli rasboras

20210613_135429.jpg

Please feel free to comment, I'm open to criticism as I'm definitely still a beginner. Otherwise, happy to be in the forum!

carsonsgjs

Welcome to fishlore! Considering you have only been at this for 3 months those are some beautiful tanks, keep it up!

Netti

Welcome to fishlore! Considering you have only been at this for 3 months those are some beautiful tanks, keep it up!

Thanks carsobsgjs! Much appreciated! I'm still battling with algae and stuff like that, just managed to get rid of diatoms and now being attacked by a multitude of other things but I'm doing my best to keep learning about the hobby and hopefully with the help of the community I'll manage to get things right!

carsonsgjs

Thanks carsobsgjs! Much appreciated! I'm still battling with algae and stuff like that, just managed to get rid of diatoms and now being attacked by a multitude of other things but I'm doing my best to keep learning about the hobby and hopefully with the help of the community I'll manage to get things right!
All part of new tanks and getting everything balanced. Ask lots of questions as there are lots of people on here that will help!

MyFishAddiction

Welcome! Nice tanks.

Ouse

Welcome to Fishlore.

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :) Great tanks!

Fisch

Beautiful tanks, mine don't look half as nice 1 year into it. I don't see it, but do you use CO2 in all tanks?

Netti

Thanks everyone for your welcoming words!

Beautiful tanks, mine don't look half as nice 1 year into it. I don't see it, but do you use CO2 in all tanks?

Thank you Fisch!

I have CO2 in the shrimp 20L tank and in the 57L tank. It's a cheap CO2 system that works with the 16gr bottles. Bit annoying to work with but it does the job.

I don't have CO2 in the 40L. The 40L is low tech, fertilised once a week and low tech plants for the most part. Some plants I did take from the 15 gallons and put in the 40L. But it does have aquasoil which helps.

mikki080

Wow wow wow!!!! That fist tank is breathtaking! Love the carpet!!! I can’t seem to keep mine in the substrate long enough to grow! Lol

Netti

Wow wow wow!!!! That fist tank is breathtaking! Love the carpet!!! I can’t seem to keep mine in the substrate long enough to grow! Lol

Hey mikki080, thanks for the compliment!

I was having issues with the same thing. My problem was with my corydoras pulling them out so I moved them to a different tank. I also really jammed 75% of each patch deep into the soil, that way it wouldn't come out with the more gentle fish that were left in there.

This is from the 4th of May 2021 when I first planted the Monte Carlo. I used 4 decent sized pots.

20210504_223813_copy_6000x4500.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coldpines
Replies
Views
ChaoticGamerCG
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies