New look New fish

1. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I'm back and I've restored my dying 55 gal. I lost all my tetras due to various problems such as overfeeding, ammonia spikes and tetra disease. But now I've turned my 55 gal into a brackish tank which is filled with 2 Archer fish that I just got from the store today.

I filled my tank with more driftwood too. I have yet to get the river rocks that I need to complete the new look though, hoping to get them by this weekend. Plants are still plastic and silk. My readings are currently 0.4 Ammonia and 5.4 nitrates. I did a 40% water change to bring down the ammonia, so hope it'll go down by tomorrow. Any other suggestions to bring it down faster?

And what I read in the forum, I should add 1 tablespoon of marine salt to every 5 gallons of water. So yeah, I did it. Any other comments? :helpsmilie: I'm so new at this brackish tank. haha

Thanks for all the suggestions and help in advance. :;nw

Attached Files:

2. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

brackish are my favorite tanks... I've never been able to keep more than one archer in my tank at a time, they love meal worms and if my salinity varies much mine will stop eating... any help I can give I'm willing

3. OP
    OP
    peacemaker92

Thanks so much Morgan! Not being able to keep more than one? Why's that?

4. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

long term they have just seemed to kill off the wealer of the two... I have good luck with pairs of scats and monos though.... never had much luck (or cared for much) silver scats though

5. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Nice tank!

6. OP
    OP
    peacemaker92

Thanks! Took 2 weeks to make it look like that :)