New look New fish

peacemaker92

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm back and I've restored my dying 55 gal. I lost all my tetras due to various problems such as overfeeding, ammonia spikes and tetra disease. But now I've turned my 55 gal into a brackish tank which is filled with 2 Archer fish that I just got from the store today.

I filled my tank with more driftwood too. I have yet to get the river rocks that I need to complete the new look though, hoping to get them by this weekend. Plants are still plastic and silk. My readings are currently 0.4 Ammonia and 5.4 nitrates. I did a 40% water change to bring down the ammonia, so hope it'll go down by tomorrow. Any other suggestions to bring it down faster?

And what I read in the forum, I should add 1 tablespoon of marine salt to every 5 gallons of water. So yeah, I did it. Any other comments? :helpsmilie: I'm so new at this brackish tank. haha

Thanks for all the suggestions and help in advance.

Attachments

Morgan111

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
brackish are my favorite tanks... I've never been able to keep more than one archer in my tank at a time, they love meal worms and if my salinity varies much mine will stop eating... any help I can give I'm willing

OP
peacemaker92

peacemaker92

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Morgan111 said:
brackish are my favorite tanks... I've never been able to keep more than one archer in my tank at a time, they love meal worms and if my salinity varies much mine will stop eating... any help I can give I'm willing
Thanks so much Morgan! Not being able to keep more than one? Why's that?

Morgan111

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
long term they have just seemed to kill off the wealer of the two... I have good luck with pairs of scats and monos though.... never had much luck (or cared for much) silver scats though

New Threads