New loach

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
I bought my roommate a loach because when we were buying tetras she loved these things that looked similar but were too big for her tank. I don't remember what kind it is... its brown and long and snakey looking, though, so she loves it.

Will it be OK without a friend of the same species? The lady at the store said he would be, but you know lfs people, they don't always know their stuff (and it wasn't the same store we got the tetras at... when we bought the tetras a friend of ours helped us out).

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are probably kuhli loaches. Is this it?
or this?

I have some of each and they are much more active with more of their kind. With just one you won't see it very often and yes they are awesome
Carol

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
looks like the black kuhli is the one. Thank you for the links!!! We'll probably get another one if we get a bigger tank. At the moment he likes to hide between the temporary tank decorations (glass "ice cubes" and a glass bottle). I haven't seen him bury himself, which is strange because there is definitely enough gravel there and it is almost the same size or slightly smaller than the stuff he and his buddies were buried in at the store. Maybe it will just take him a while to get used to things.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine are in a tank with sand but don't bury themselves. They frequently sift sand in their mouths and out their gills to get all the yummy critters
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom