New Little Wee Canadian Bettas!

voiceless_kat
These are two little betta kids I bought from the Canadian betta breeder Allie posted about who found out her betta blood line was not pure, so she was selling all of her little ones for a $5 donation to their Betta Breeders Club. Breeder told me they were just coming up on 3 mo old. I have had them for 3 weeks.

They are the first fish I received in the mail.

The male is Twizzler, he is a tiny boy, with a great big tail and fins who is baby blue in colour, with the cellophane ends on the tail. I think she called him a Butterfly. His fins are longer than he is, and the little mite just can't sit still.

The female is even smaller, she is black/green and lives in the tank right next door. Her name is Sashay! She is also a busy girl. I did manage a still of her. She just thumbs her little nose at Twizzler, who does his best to woo her. Her gills seem to be permanently "out".....which makes her look quite fierce for such a wee thing- not like in a flare, but just not closed like they should be. She is in the kitchen, and sometimes where there is a flurry of activity around her, she dresses up in her stripes, and then I get all guilty feeling. She knows she has me. She isn't very colourful, but has a wonderful iradescence to her.

I don't care if their bloodline is not pure, they are just so sweet!

And they each have a snail that I got from the same breeder.

Val

Amanda
They're beautiful!

Martinismommy
Beautiful kids........You must be in Betta heaven right now!

Butterfly
OH MY! How beautiful they are!
Carol

Lucy
Oh my gosh, look at Twizzler's fins, he's gorgeous, I love his color and his eyes wow!

I love Sashay's coloring, she's a beautiful little girl. I like the coloring of her tail.

What size tanks are they in?

0morrokh
Wow, they both have gorgeous colors.

MinxMermaid
AWE!!! beautiful!!!

I see a little love story in the making.

Twizzler's little face is SOOO CUTE!!!
:kewlpics:

MissMTS
They are so cute! Congrats on your new babies! I love the name Twizzler

shellbell4ever
Congrats on your beautiful new babies They are both wonderful, and their coloring is absolutly beautiful I too love the name Twizzler.
Best of luck with your new additions

Allie
Oh I am glad you got some. I love them both!! I still cannot believe she is selling them off so cheap.
I was going get some too, with the betta drama around here lately & don't want to get any new betta until my boys are issue free for at least a month.

Shawnie
aww val !! they are adorable!! who cares about their pureness..they are yours and their faces are to die for!! thanks for sharing them

chickadee
Oh, Val, they are darling and so tiny.

They look very sweet and healthy and so feisty. They will keep you going for sure. I love that you have a little girly in the kitchen with you. She will watch you work your magic and if I know my bettas, be telling you how to cook before long. They can be little firecrackers and bossy too.

She reminds me of KairI that Dave lost not long ago. Perhaps a reincarnation of her.

I love Twizzler too and can tell he has a bit of the little dickens in him too. You are not going to have a moment of boredom at your house.

Rose

voiceless_kat
Oh my gosh, look at Twizzler's fins, he's gorgeous, I love his color and his eyes wow!

I love Sashay's coloring, she's a beautiful little girl. I like the coloring of her tail.

What size tanks are they in?

Thanks Lucy...Twizzler is in a 6 gallon Eclipse and Sashay is in a 3 gallon Eclipse, which may later be upgraded to a 6g. She is pretty litte, and pretty happy in there for now.

Oh I am glad you got some. I love them both!! I still cannot believe she is selling them off so cheap.
I was going get some too, with the betta drama around here lately & don't want to get any new betta until my boys are issue free for at least a month.

I understand Allie and am saddened that you have had such a crappy time lately. I know how heartbreaking it is...........personally when I had a really crummy time and was bummed out, I actually thought of not having bettas...but then I got punched in the head by Chanceokey: and perished that thought! I hope things quiet down soon and you can just relax and enjoy.

Thanks everyone!

Val

Allie
Thanks Lucy...Twizzler is in a 6 gallon Eclipse and Sashay is in a 3 gallon Eclipse, which may later be upgraded to a 6g. She is pretty litte, and pretty happy in there for now.

I understand Allie and am saddened that you have had such a crappy time lately. I know how heartbreaking it is...........personally when I had a really crummy time and was bummed out, I actually thought of not having bettas...but then I got punched in the head by Chanceokey: and perished that thought! I hope things quiet down soon and you can just relax and enjoy.

Thanks everyone!

Val
When I first lost my 1st betta Nigel last year...I swore off betta. Then 2-3 mos later I joined here and a month or so I got Jasper RIP.
I have lost at least 1 betta a month in the past 3 months. Hopefully the last 4 can last for awhile.

voiceless_kat
When I first lost my 1st betta Nigel last year...I swore off betta. Then 2-3 mos later I joined here and a month or so I got Jasper RIP.
I have lost at least 1 betta a month in the past 3 months. Hopefully the last 4 can last for awhile.

I know it hurts. And what I found when I had the "fish week from ****" was that I was blaming myself.....it just doesn't make sense to me - and I am sure to you- when the fish who are loved and cared for, spoiled, for sure are the ones that we lose. Those that are living in deplorable conditions seem to last and last.

It will get better, I promise.

Val

COBettaCouple
Yea, they're great little Bettas!

Allie
I know it hurts. And what I found when I had the "fish week from ****" was that I was blaming myself.....it just doesn't make sense to me - and I am sure to you- when the fish who are loved and cared for, spoiled, for sure are the ones that we lose. Those that are living in deplorable conditions seem to last and last.

It will get better, I promise.

Val

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Crapapples
Replies
Views
Goldiemom