New Little Boy

Jacquitaz
HI all,

Before Tazmiche has the chance, I will tell you, I have a new little boy .

I believe his is a veil tail and is a muxture of lilac, pink and blue. No name as yet. Flame is watching me, I think he knows I am talking about some one else (he is still my best boy).

When new boy has settled will get Tazmiche to post a photo for you all to see.

Hope you are all well.

Jacquitaz

0morrokh
Congrats!! Can't wait for pics!

Tazmiche
He is very cute

voiceless_kat
Jacqui.........., hello girl. Congratulations on your new baby boy, so anxious to see him, and he sounds lovely.

The stars must have been aligned in betta fish heaven today - I got a new boy too, a rescue.

I will wish us both luck with them!! Still watchin Yahoo..............

Val

COBettaCouple
LOL.. they are jealous little buggers, aren't they?

Congrats on your new boy & we'll look forward to the pics!

Jacquitaz
HI Val. Great minds think alike. Have you named yours yet? Getting together a short list. May be 'Sky'. to the new boys

Jacquitaz

A quick of the new boy to give you a first view.

voiceless_kat
Hey Jaqui, Let's overdo everything, just for fun as we toast our new boys.

His colours are going to be wonderful, isn't it neat how they change? "Sky" is a beautiful name if you coose it.

I have just called new fish "New Fish" for now, until I see if he can be the next pirate. He is pretty lazy, actually, so far not at all demon seed as Wink proved to be the first day.. I will wait a bit and see what happens. I have kept his light off, and I think he thinks he is still in a cup. Scoots to the back when we peek at him, or a cat gets nosy.

Hope you are feeling better, with all that top notch care, singing and cooking!!

We'll stay in touch.

Val

COBettaCouple
"Sky" and his beautiful coloring makes me think of "Sunrise".

Jacquitaz
Sunrise would be a nice name but I think I have decided on Sky. He is very lively up to now and hpefully will continue to be so.

Flame is doing his posing "look at me mum" at the moment. Better make a fuss.

Will keep you up to date with progress.

COBettaCouple
lol, they are jealous little ones.

Tazmiche
I will post new pics of ma's new boy asap. I'm still trying to get a full grip of my new camera.........he is sweet x

janoue
He's a handsome boy

Jacquitaz
I think new boy Sky may have fin rot. He has a new tank and we have started to treat it. Hopefully it will mend with the treatment.

Maybe should not have named him yet!

Will let you know how it goes.

voiceless_kat
I think new boy Sky may have fin rot. He has a new tank and we have started to treat it. Hopefully it will mend with the treatment.

Maybe should not have named him yet!

Will let you know how it goes.

Hey Jacqui....sending hugs for you, mending thoughts for Sky....no negative vibes coming from ths side of the ocean. I know you two will give him all the meds and doctoring he needs, as much of a pain in the butt it is, fin rot isn't life threatening, and funny thing is, theses guys don't even know they are having a bad hair day.

Keep us informed, get on Michelles case about pics...

Val

Jacquitaz
HI Val.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, have fish woman Mich on the case.

Have had a word about the pictures and told her that she has to get her act together as you are waiting patiently!

Tazmiche
HI this is Sky's new tank. He is still camera shy, he went to hide behind the filter!!!

voiceless_kat
Michelle, the tanks look great, I will wait patiently til he is ready to sit still. Is that purple thing part of a gerbil or hamster thing, I love that, they are big enough for betta boys to swim through.

V

Tazmiche
yeah, it's a hamster tube. Honey had it and LOVED it so I have given it to Sky.

voiceless_kat

I might have to copy...I am thinking little "you know who" might like one...he will think he is hiding, but we can see him..

Tazmiche
Yes do get him one!!

voiceless_kat
Sky looks camoflaged in it...so cute. Perfect match.............I will hve to look, do they sell pieces seperately, or do you have to buy a bunch??

KittieKat
that's a pretty fishie! congrats!

COBettaCouple
I love how they love hamster tubing! Betta tubing now.

Have you tried floating it? By accident, the hamster T-shaped tube piece in Mickey's tank came loose one day and started floating. He liked that so much, that we left it that way and let the others have floating tubes. Teddy Bear especially loves to just rest in his tube at the top of the tank and watch me work on the computer. ;D

Tazmiche
what a cool idea!!!!! ( I nearly bought a hamster the other day!!!! It looked like a mole but they were new in and not for sale yet!) I will buy more hamster tubing soon to try that, Flame would love it, not sure about Spot with his sight being so poor.

COBettaCouple
Some of them don't care for it.. Sweetie & KairI don't.. but some do. It's just up to their personality.
what a cool idea!!!!! ( I nearly bought a hamster the other day!!!! It looked like a mole but they were new in and not for sale yet!) I will buy more hamster tubing soon to try that, Flame would love it, not sure about Spot with his sight being so poor.

Blub
Hi!

Lovely new fish, Jaqui. I'm looking for one like that right now.

janoue
I am totally buying hampster tubing!!

Tazmiche
Hi!

Where are you in the UK?

MissMTS
Beautiful new little betta you have! Hamster tubing is such a good idea. I have never heard of that before. Maybe I will try it with the new little boy betta a got!

Blub
Hi!

Down in the South West. Somewhere in Wessex - for security reasons I'm not going to say the county.

COBettaCouple
LOL.. I'm trying to remember who originally brought up hamster tubing here on Fishlore.

armadillo
Wow, Jacquie. He's amazing. I'd love to have a pale one. Great find!

That would be good ole me!
LOL.. I'm trying to remember who originally brought up hamster tubing here on Fishlore.

COBettaCouple
Great idea! Our Teddy Bear, Mickey & Chloe salute you!

Jacquitaz
Hi!

Hi,

Nice to hear from somebody in the UK. Don't blame you for being extra careful in what you put on the screen although we have never had any problems with Fishlore. Its a great community and all very friendly, helpful and caring.

Can we know you first name? Do you have any bettas. We have 4 as well as other fish, guppies, checkered barbs, cherry barbs, white minos, otto cynclas and shrimps, obviously in different tanks.

Blub
Hi!

I'v got 1 Betta - and I'm getting another. He's called MalachaI - and he is bright crimson with a purple/green sheen to his body depending on what angle you see him on.;D Right now he is hunting for bloodworms in the gravel!

I'm only a kid so I have to be extra careful... My dad is a Moderator for another forum so he knows these things - just doing what I'm told.

Tazmiche
Congrats on your new boy!! He sounds lovely. Will you be posting pics of the handsome chap?

Blub
Hi!

Pics coming as soon as I can either get my hands on the camera or my dad finds the computer-conecting lead thing for my phone.

Tazmiche
Excellent news!!

Blub
Hi!

Quick question - do your new Bettas flare a lot a t their reflections? Mine came from a tank and act as if he's from a cup - always flaring at the reflections. Your the only person I know who's Betta's don't come from cups!

chickadee
My bettas have never been in cups they come through the mail and they do not go through the flaring at themselves the way a lot of the ones do who have been kept in cups. The reason for this, I believe, is because a lot of the time the cups are kept in Dark Shelving Units and not exposed to much light. When the bettas are put in tanks and the light is on the sides of the tanks turn into a mirror like surface on the inside. They can see what they believe are other fish for the first time as when they were in the cups they basically saw nothing outside the cups unless someone took the cup and held it in the light so they could see out. The bettas that come to me are used to being in a lighted space as they are in lighted individual tanks until they are bagged and boxed to be mailed to me. That means that they are only in the dark for 2 days while in the mail and then they are READY willing and able to handle being in a lighted tank again. The only difference is the tank they are in now is much bigger.

I actually had a fish that was so accustomed to light that he was afraid of the dark and would turn color (bright red to pale white) and start to have fits when the light was turned off. Imagine my surprise when I purchased a fire engine red betta and when I took him out of the box his fins were red but his body was white. After he was in the light it took about 20 minutes for him to become red again and he was the fishy I was looking for. All of my fish were paled out when they arrived and needed to be in the light again to get their full coloration. The little guy mentioned above even ended up with his own minI DVD player to have on at night so Mommy could get some sleep without the TV on as otherwise it was leave the tank light on all night or sleep with the TV on for the light it put into the room. (or he made so much noise in the tank that I could not sleep) So he had his own 7" screen on a minI DVD so it would be his nightlight.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
Mystic54
Replies
Views
Coradee