New life spectrum

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Maltese, Jul 19, 2015.

1. M

Maltese Valued Member Member

For their 1mm pellets, I notice New Life Spectrum has a lot of different varieties. Which one is best?

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I recommend and use New Life Spectrum (NLS) foods on a daily basis. I also suggest selecting the NLS Thera +A and it comes in a variety of sizes.

The Thera +A contains garlic that is said to be beneficial for our fish. The fish love it! Also it contains a non-medicated anit-parasite ingredient.

Ken (not my site)

3. OP
    OP
    M

Maltese Valued Member Member

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

The one from Amazon says "color enhancing", which I do not put much faith in and Garlic.

The one from Ken's has the non-medicated, anti-parasite ingredient with garlic.

Ken

Note: You really would not go wrong by choosing either. The one from Ken's is the one I use and am partial to. :) I like that non-medicated anti-parasite ingredient.

5. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

I have the color enhancing thera A .5mm pellets. Definitely turned my ember tetras into a deep orange/red instead of the washed out pale orange I was used to seeing!

6. SnyperTodd

SnyperTodd Valued Member Member

Generally, a "non-medicated anti-parasite ingredient" means garlic. In NLS food, it looks like they call it Allicin, which is garlic's "active ingredient".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. Jsigmo

Jsigmo Well Known Member Member

I knew there was some reason I love garlic! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice