30 Gallon Tank New Kuhli Loaches Laying on back

GoldenMullet

I just added some new Kuhli Loaches to my tank and almost all of them are laying on their back. They are breathing fine and look healthy, but they are laying on their backs. I've had many kuhlis before, but they have never done this. Should I be worried?

PeteStevers

That doesn't sound good. Did you just buy them? If so, return them and ask for new ones. I'm assuming your tank is established\cycled and they were acclimated correctly.

Upvote 0

GoldenMullet

That doesn't sound good. Did you just buy them? If so, return them and ask for new ones. I'm assuming your tank is established\cycled and they were acclimated correctly.
I got them from AquaticArts.com. They quite literally just righted themselves. None are on their back anymore, most of them went into some of the hideouts and such, Though two are now just laying there in the semi-open, but they are righted properly and breathing fine.

Upvote 0

PeteStevers

I got them from AquaticArts.com. They quite literally just righted themselves. None are on their back anymore, most of them went into some of the hideouts and such, Though two are now just laying there in the semi-open, but they are righted properly and breathing fine.
Must have had a rough trip. Hope they recover for you! I have 3 in a heavily planted tank and don't get to see them very often.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom