New Kordon Product - "Fish Protector" with Vitamin B12 & Echinacea

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by voiceless_kat, Jun 13, 2007.

1. voiceless_katWell Known MemberMember

Hi guys!! I just received my bottle of Fish Protector from Kordon, boy, I love their products!! This is supposedly new, I found it on their website.

It has Vitamin B12 and Echinacea in it, says it " calms fish ; eases stress; minimizes infection and aids healing. Forms a multi layerd protective slime coating on fishes skin that works as a healing aid for fish with bruises, missing scales or frayed fins.Fish Protector combines skim slime replacers that are more concentrated and faster working than that used in NovAqua plus with the addition of vitamin B12 and increased Echinacea which aids in the normal healing process of injured fishes." ( a quote - I know they are selling product, but I really like all the herbal/vitamin stuff)

Doseage can be increased or repeated without adverse effects. Can be used with all Kordon products, using NovAqua for conditioning, andAmQuel Plus to removed chloramines, etc while medicating, etc. Non toxic to humans, pets, aquatic life, which I like a lot.

So Wink Jack Sparrow, my happy, feisty, saucy teeny tiny will be the first experiment, and I will keep you posted. Val

I think it was $9 for 8oz which will treat hundreds of gallons, (I just don't like to pay shipping so I get larger bottles.) No expiry date either. I am using almost exclusively Kordon products now, except for Maracyn Plus which I will never be without...............and I have a whole cupboard of Mardel products, just in case.

2. COBettaCoupleFishlore LegendMember

sounds like a product i'd like to try on our fish.. i love their 'natural' type organic meds and this vitamin product sounds great. looking forward to hearing
    how it works for you.

3. PhloxfaceWell Known MemberMember

It's awesome stuff. I bought some last weekend when I picked up the meds for Lava. I really like the whole line of Kordon products. Seachem also has an excellent line of antibiotics that are much stronger and better than what you'd find at Petsmart.

4. nmwierman1977Well Known MemberMember

Cool I'll have to try it out. Thanks Val! Nat

5. voiceless_katWell Known MemberMember

Quick note: "Fish Protector" is not a medication - it is to be used in conjunction with meds/dechlorinators/vitamins or supplements. I am thinking same kind of thing as VitaChem, which I use every day. But since I know what echinacea does for humans, I like the idea of being able to lessen stress and aid healing in a more natural way. So far I have used Maracyn Plus as a med, along with daily doses of this product. When problems are healed, perhaps just every second day or so.

6. COBettaCoupleFishlore LegendMember

yea, i like the products like that.. and i like their organic meds.. more options for taking care of our fish without being so harsh on meds.. and we can save them for when their strength is needed.

7. PhloxfaceWell Known MemberMember

Fish Protector is a water conditioner like NovAqua+ except it has a lot of other good things added to it. If you use Fish Protector you do need to use NovAqua+ to buffer PH level as well to get rid of chlorine and/or AmQuel+ if you have chloramines in your water.  Fish Protector used to be called PolyAqua (a more potent form of NovAqua) and they have since added more things to improve it even more and renamed it Fish Protector.

I love that it makes the meds we have to add to the water more effective by helping them absorb into the fish's skin easier. This product is a must have, especially when you have a sick fish and need to medicate.

8. voiceless_katWell Known MemberMember

Phlox, I don't think I am reading the bottle wrong, but could be ??? ???? The bottle says add AmQuel Plus to remove chloramines/ammonia/nitrite/nitrate. To fully condition tap water, buffer PH and add electrolytes use NovAqua. Then Fish Protector is a water treatment that does all posted in my origianl post, as well as "detoxifies free ions of heavy metals present in public water supplies, such as zinc, iron and copper..."

Personally, I am pre-conditioning water with NovAqua before adding to tanks; using AmQuel+ in conjunction with medicating and/or water changes in uncycled tanks, and/or Fish Protector daily as a buffer if I am not medicating just for the benefits of the vitamins/echinacea as a beneficial coating for frayed fins.

The two products read differently, and I am now using NovAqua as a conditioner, and increasing the amount used to precondition the water that sits prior to use.

Anyway the good thing is, they can all be used together, and doseages can be increased or repeated without adverse effects.
    Val

9. PhloxfaceWell Known MemberMember

Yup, I use NovAqua+ and Fish Protector together. They both do different things and together they give a lot of benefits for your fish.

10. COBettaCoupleFishlore LegendMember

great! :) we REALLY have to get some! :) hope DFS starts carrying it soon.

11. nmwierman1977Well Known MemberMember

Yes, I definitely need to get this product as well. :D Nat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice