New Koi Betta for 10 gallon planted tank

toeknee

Hello all. Last week I set up an empty 10 gallon I had with spare bits and pieces I had laying around. I stole the plants from my 55 gallon and everything else I already had. Just picked up a KoI Betta and a few Amano shrimp for it. I put a few Ramshorn snails from the 55 in there too. Here's a little video of the tank so far. Plants still have some adjusting and filling in to do. The betta was added just an hour or so ago so will probably color up a bit more. Now he needs a name.

Dewclaw83

Beautiful fish and absolutely gorgeous tank! I wish I could aquascape like that!!

toeknee

Dewclaw83 said:
Beautiful fish and absolutely gorgeous tank! I wish I could aquascape like that!!
Thanks! Not much planning to it. Fiddled with a couple rocks till I liked it. Tall plants in back, short up front. Done.

StarGirl

Yeah but you are really good at it.......bits and pieces...:rolleyes: thrown together. :cool:

Dewclaw83

toeknee said:
Thanks! Not much planning to it. Fiddled with a couple rocks till I liked it. Tall plants in back, short up front. Done.
“Not much to it”?! Quit being humble :p - that’s some serious skill! Everything from placement to plant selection is great - even if they’re just “bits and pieces” :D

toeknee

Dewclaw83 said:
“Not much to it”?! Quit being humble :p - that’s some serious skill! Everything from placement to plant selection is great - even if they’re just “bits and pieces” :D
I'm no good at compliments. All I did was follow the normal guidelines to aquascaping and composition. So whoever came up with those rules and guidelines deserve the credit. Not me. Thanks though, much appreciated. I do a lot of freelance photography as a side gig so I've studied what makes a good composition. Which applies in aquascaping as much as it does in photography.

StarGirl15 said:
Yeah but you are really good at it.......bits and pieces...:rolleyes: thrown together. :cool:
It really was bits and pieces! I had my old 10 gallon laying around. a small walmart hob filter. an ok LED light. Some miracle grow organic soil left over from an old project, an old bucket with a mix of black sand and play sand mixed together. Stole some media from the over filtered 55. Did a big trimming on the 55 so I just used plant cuttings......took all those bits and shleped it all together and.....Ta daaa

StarGirl

toeknee said:
I'm no good at compliments. All I did was follow the normal guidelines to aquascaping and composition. So whoever came up with those rules and guidelines deserve the credit. Not me. Thanks though, much appreciated. I do a lot of freelance photography as a side gig so I've studied what makes a good composition. Which applies in aquascaping as much as it does in photography.

It really was bits and pieces! I had my old 10 gallon laying around. a small walmart hob filter. an ok LED light. Some miracle grow organic soil left over from an old project, an old bucket with a mix of black sand and play sand mixed together. Stole some media from the over filtered 55. Did a big trimming on the 55 so I just used plant cuttings......took all those bits and shleped it all together and.....Ta daaa
I know that's what you actually did...lol Your tanks are always great.....That's what makes me crazy cuz I can't do it....

toeknee

StarGirl15 said:
I know that's what you actually did...lol Your tanks are always great.....that's what makes me crazy cuz I can't do it....
You can do it! Just keep planting, take care of those plants, then get more plants. Let them grow, fill in and before you know it you'll be like me and have a scape everyone else likes but you're never quite satisfied with!

StarGirl

I know, I won the Feb contest so it must not be that bad.... But I still think it was because it was the 2nd picture...lol

Edit Oh wait I just looked yes it is....looks way different now.

Top Bottom