New (kinda) Ten Gallon Betta Haven!

Heiditron3000

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got a used tank from my cherry shrimp supplier and it is old school! It’s wood trim, so it’s the 70s station wagon of aquariums. Never fear, the guy kept it up nicely and the silicone seals are still in great condition and there are no cracks/chips. It also passed the 24 hour test. So woohoo!

I’m waiting on my sponge filters to come in the mail and my next paycheck so I can go nuts with plants.

What’s in there now: A coconut shell hut and some great looking rocks from my LFS. A divider from Lifewithpets. Caribsea supernatural sand (not the cloudy nightmare I thought it was going to be!). I may add the other coconut hut I have to the other side or I may add the hollowed out tikI guy decor that came with the tank. I’m so excited! Once I get my filters the cycling can begin!

Attachments

Nobote

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know where you are located, but I get my hornwort and penny wort from a local lake in the summer.
I just rinse it really well with straight tapwater, then quarantine it in a 2 gallon jar for about 7-10 days before I put it in my aquarium. you cannot beat the price.

OP
Heiditron3000

Heiditron3000

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’m in Los Angeles so that might...not work for me, heheheh

But I do live right near the lake they shot the Andy Griffith intro at. HMMMM.

Nobote

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I guarantee you if you look around there's a body of water with plants in it. I urban fish quite a bit...you would be surprised what is right in your own neighborhood.

OP
Heiditron3000

Heiditron3000

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nobote said:
I guarantee you if you look around there's a body of water with plants in it. I urban fish quite a bit...you would be surprised what is right in your own neighborhood.
I’d look around the LA River in back of my house but I don’t want my bettas to become meth addicts.

Nobote

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Heiditron3000 said:
I’d look around the LA River in back of my house but I don’t want my bettas to become meth addicts.
Well the , heart medication and opiods oughta balance out the meth.

New Threads