New kid in town

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
With the 5.5 gallon cycled and ready to rip, I've finally made a new addition to our Betta family, as well as found a little guy who pretty much made me swoon with his grace and frisky attitude. Christen also took quite a liking to him as he was in his cup by her tank when I first got home.

In the search for a crowntail I stumbled into a fish store that I like to visit once in a while and they had just got a new shipment of bettas in, they had some of the most beautiful crowntails I've ever seen, some with double rays as well which surprised me. Inspecting some on the bottom shelf, I noticed something didn't look quite right about this betta that I was looking at, then I noticed several others. It took a second but it came to me that these guys were deltas, and the little guy that I brought home just looked at me and started flaring up. I couldn't resist, especially after realizing that he either is, or is really, really close to being a super delta.

He's a beautiful aqua-green colour with a brown head, his body and tail/dorsal fin have a bluish-purple colour to them as well, his ventrals are red, and his analfin has a tough of gray. He wouldn't stay in one spot so I couldn't get very good pictures, hyper fish!

Here he is, my little Kyler (means 'Little Warrior').

51.jpg

"What are YOU looking at!?"

52.jpg

"No, really... what ARE you looking at!?!?"

53.jpg

"Hey... I still have my eye on you..."

54.jpg

"ACK!"

55.jpg

"Just hangin' in the hot tub, any ladies around?"

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, he's LOVELY!!! Welcome, Kyler!

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club, Little Warrior.  He's got quite a head of fin, don't he?

Mike

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
that is one gorgeous fish!! Wish I lived somewhere where I could find some fancy guys!!! Very nice...welcome! Val & Neptune!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He's a very handsome Betta.. I really want a green Betta so much. He's a great find. You can tell that fish store to open a store here in our town.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! He is quite the little man and is dashingly handsome. I told my girls about him and they are all madly waving their fins to get his attention. Bindi, especially, wants to know when she can meet him. I think that she's a little too young to date though.

CherryRose

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was just amazed that I was able to find deltas in a pet store, never thought i'd see the day.

Unfortunately cherryrose, Christen seems to have claimed him already and he's only been here for about 4 hours... lol. She's spent most of the night staring at him from her tank. But if he does happen to become available, I'll let ya know

This is the American website;

While you can't buy fish online (that I know of) you might get lucky and live near one.

Kyler is definitely a beauty though, although after seeing some of the other deltas and crowns, I need more tanks

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Very handsome fella asinity!! Natalie

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I was able to get a couple more, he's less camera shy when there is food involved... lol

57.jpg

58.jpg

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, poor Bindi.  I guess she'll just have to wait for a beau.  Belle has Barney and Bambi has Benji. Little Bindi has no one.  Maybe I'll have to fit one more tank in so I can get her a beau?  Arrrrgh! I didn't just say that!  Strike, strike strike.  NO ROOM, NO ROOM, NO ROOM!!!  Go away Betta Bug!!!  

CherryRose  ;D

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
cherryrose said:
Ahhhh, poor Bindi. I guess she'll just have to wait for a beau. Belle has Barney and Bambi has Benji. Little Bindi has no one. Maybe I'll have to fit one more tank in so I can get her a beau? Arrrrgh! I didn't just say that! Strike, strike strike. NO ROOM, NO ROOM, NO ROOM!!! Go away Betta Bug!!!

CherryRose ;D
Yeah, the bug is getting me too... hard to cope with, so many bettas, so little room.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Asinity said:
Yeah, the bug is getting me too... hard to cope with, so many bettas, so little room.
I hear you there.. our current 'wish list' consists of a white HM male, a Red Butterfly HM male, a Green (male or female), a Purple (male or female).. and any Betta we happen to see.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Really, I have to quit reading this thread - I am breaking out in a cold sweat -LOL..no room, no room, not cycled, no room, $$$$$$, no room, not cycled.......

I am enticed with all of the different kinds of bettas. I had no idea. The first "fancy" once I saw was of Rose's I think his name is Alexander. This was before I knew there were different kinds of bettas ( hey, I'm a cat girl - ask me about those LOL). I was stunned at his beauty,brillian red with huge fins. Man,I thought Neptune was supposed to look like that, except in blue and couldn't figure out why his fins (a) weren't that magnificent & (b) had fin rot really destroyed them. Then I started googling/visiting websites, and drooling................

Then Neptune looked at me and winked, and I fell in love anyway.

Enjoy your new fish!

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oooh, great pics! He's very pretty! ;D

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
voiceless_kat said:
Really, I have to quit reading this thread - I am breaking out in a cold sweat -LOL..no room, no room, not cycled, no room, $$$$$$, no room, not cycled.......

I am enticed with all of the different kinds of bettas. I had no idea. The first "fancy" once I saw was of Rose's I think his name is Alexander. This was before I knew there were different kinds of bettas ( hey, I'm a cat girl - ask me about those LOL). I was stunned at his beauty,brillian red with huge fins. Man,I thought Neptune was supposed to look like that, except in blue and couldn't figure out why his fins (a) weren't that magnificent & (b) had fin rot really destroyed them. Then I started googling/visiting websites, and drooling................

Then Neptune looked at me and winked, and I fell in love anyway.

Enjoy your new fish!
I'm seriously considering getting a few more 5 gallon tanks... lol After finding Kyler and seeing some of the other deltas and crowns, I really want more of these guys. But for now, Christen and Kyler will be juuuust fine (who am I kidding, when can one really have 'enough' Bettas?)

All Betta's are beautiful from veil tails to halfmoons, they're as unique as we humans are, which sets them apart from so many other pets.

After being in his new home for one day though, Kyler seems to have decided to show off his true colours, I just got in the door and it shocked me to see the amount of red and royal blue that is actually in his fins. Yesterday it was more aqua and gray than anything else. Plus he likes strutting around like he owns the place, lol! Likely just showing off for Christen just a few feet away

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom