New Julii.

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Got five Julii this past Saturday for my 38g. These ones are pretty small at around one inch I believe. Didn't take them long before they started searching high and low for tasty bits. Thou, I think they'll soon discover that the Gourami and Angelfish don't leave much food left to float down.

I break a algae wafer in half but it appears that the Gourami also has a taste for it and can get a little 'pigish' about it. Would it be better if I gave it at lights out to cut down on the pigish?

EDIT: Here are the pics. Hard rascals to find and dang diatoms got in my way.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Mosin,

I hope you had a great birthday yesterday!

Beautiful Julii's! I have 3 and they're neat little fish. It's rare that food makes it to the bottom of their tank. They've learned to swim all over the place at feeding time and not just on the bottom. Even sinking wafers don't make it most of the time. I don't think they will starve by not having food on the bottom. They'll learn where to find it floating around

Yes, feeding at night might be better for them Try not to make a splash when adding the food.

Good luck and thanks for sharing the photos.

Ken

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ahh, the splash, that could be what gets the others so curious about it. I shall try to slip it in like at the back of the tank so they don't see it.

And yeah, they are all over the place looking for a treat. Any idea how long it will take for them to get bigger? I assume they could grow another inch or two.

Cory-crazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Congrats on your new additions,they're fab
I have 22 of these,many being offspring,they grow to around 2 inches,my 6 month old juvi's are around an inch long.
Has regarding feeding try putting wafers etc after lights out,the corys are more active at night and will find the food.

Last edited:

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They got to the wafer before the Gold Gourami and they mobbed it. It was pretty funny. The Gold was hanging around just making sure there wasn't any openings. Later I seen a couple Julii sitting on a big plant leaf... just so dang cool.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom