New Ivory Snail

Luvbebes

I just got this ivory snail for my 10 gallon tank
I have 1 betta and 2 adf . This tank is an established tank and been running smoothly for past 6 months. Also it’s planted .
Question is : I’m new to snails and do t know what to expect the first few weeks of having the snail . I’ve watched tons of videos about care and such , but there’s no info about how snails are when you first get them from the store .
I know it’s alive cuz I’ve seen the trap door? Move out then next time I look it’s in again .
Also the Adf seem to just be curious but pretty much leave it alone

Attachments

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Croeso welcome to fishlore
Providing snails are not part of the ADF diet I'm sure he'll be fine, like everything there's always interest when there's a new kid on the block

OP
L

Luvbebes

richie.p said:
Croeso welcome to fishlore
Providing snails are not part of the ADF diet I'm sure he'll be fine, like everything there's always interest when there's a new kid on the block
Funny enough, I’ve been watching the tank, and have noticed that the younger adf is always charging at the snail , so the snail is always inside the shell .
Me being fed up with the adf bugging the snail, I used a decor stone and used it to shield the snail . Hopefully this snail will show itself soon .

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Trouble there is if the adf keeps doing that the snail won't come out to feed and die so be careful before it's to late

OP
L

Luvbebes

I’ve used the rock to help give it shelter , and out sources of food really close to it to hopefully encourage it to come out

OP
L

Luvbebes

Few days ago I woke up to find the shell completely empty and the trap door an inch away from the shell.
Keep in mind I don’t have a strong current in my tank.
I can only assume The 2 ADF must of eaten the snail? Especially since both looking really full and the trap door away from shell and no sign of the snails body .
What do you think?

Snailwell12

Luvbebes said:
I just got this ivory snail for my 10 gallon tank
I have 1 betta and 2 adf . This tank is an established tank and been running smoothly for past 6 months. Also it’s planted .
Question is : I’m new to snails and do t know what to expect the first few weeks of having the snail . I’ve watched tons of videos about care and such , but there’s no info about how snails are when you first get them from the store .
I know it’s alive cuz I’ve seen the trap door? Move out then next time I look it’s in again .
Also the Adf seem to just be curious but pretty much leave it alone
Be careful with gravel or substrate with African dwarfs. They are known to ingest it and if they do, it can create blockage.

New Threads