New iPhone = New Pics

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by pkeeves, Dec 7, 2012.

1. p

pkeeves Valued Member Member

thought i would try out the camera on the new iPhone with a few fish snaps, heres a couple that turned out pretty well. IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0009.jpg

my little bristle nose having a munch on some watermelon. "this is delicious why is this the first time I'm trying this?!?!?!"

let me know your thoughts!

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Most of the pics intake are on the iPhone these days, because of my lack of Internet :/ it's not bad, though, and does a pretty good job :)

3. Rejectedbread87

Rejectedbread87 Valued Member Member

That is one good looking tank, and that bristle nose looks like one happy fish! If you don't mind me asking what kind of lights and tank are you using? That looks like one awesome set up.

4. OP
    OP
    p

thankyou! the bristlenose definitely enjoyed the melon, its gone now!
    my tanks are pretty low tech, the full tank shot is of my 53 gallon, my profile has the info. it just has a standard 40watt daylight bulb.
    the bristle nose is in my smaller tank which has twin bulb AquaOne lighting, an 18watt daylight and a 20watt tropical bulb.

5. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Hey, great looking tank! Corys are hiding I guess. It's nice to finally see it :)

6. OP
    OP
    p

thanks! and thanks for all your help ever since i joined the forum jaysee. you can catch a glimpse of some albinos in the bottom left but they camouflage pretty well....

7. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

Very nice, organized and clean tank, pkeeves. I love the Albino BN's. I have a couple in my 75 Gallon with the Black Diamond sand. They stand out like no tomorrow. :)

8. OP
    OP
    p

thankyou :) ye my little albino is pretty cool, seems to be growly quite slowly but he is always out and about chilling around the place.

anyone have suggestions on anything?

9. A

Suggestions for?

10. OP
    OP
    p

anything to improve on :) ideas and such

11. A

To be honest and frank, I think it would be a shame to add or take away anything in the tank now. I think it looks perfect. :)

12. OP
    OP
    p

well thank you for that compliment, I'm happy with how it look as well, now i just wait for my fish to grow :)

13. Jaysee

I would add more sand, move the treasure chest back 2 inches and rotate it by 20 degrees.

14. OP
    OP
    p

funny you should mention that, my sand is shifting with my current, moving more and more away from that corner towards the opposite back corner, and i have been too lazy to do anything about it lately. i will get in and level it off tomorrow...perhaps, but ye more sand is a good idea. how can i stop it moving around....? :S

20 degrees which way...

15. Rejectedbread87

Rejectedbread87 Valued Member Member

Thanks for the info! I remembered right after I posted I could have just looked at your tank profile (it was before I had my coffee). Lol. Still, the pics look great!

16. Jaysee

Yeah, the sand can move around. My tanks are mounded in the middle. I think moving the chest back will help keep the sand in the front. But, you can always push it around to get it how you want it - doesn't have to be level.

I would move the right side back, so that it's angled a bit to the front glass. for no other reason than aesthetics. Of course you may not like what I like in that department - it just looks too squared off IMO.

17. OP
    OP
    p

well ill give it a shot moving the sand back to how it was, then ill do your suggestion of moving the chest back a bit, and we'll see if that helps with the shifting, i don't mind it too much though, the current can shape it :) thanks ill change the angle and see how it looks.

ill post an updated photo once I've done all this i think, maybe monday

18. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful tank and very vibrant plec :) I only have my iPhone to take pictures and as long as I have patients they turn out ok although Mordin is a complete poser ;)

19. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

WOW What a pretty tank! And pretty fish! I am wondering tho...What type of gouramis are those? Im guessing must be a honey or something similar since your able to keep more than one together? I LOVE the Pleco!! I want a BN to put in my 60 so bad! But I refuse to buy from Petco and no one else around here sells them. I may opt for a clown but havnt decided.

20. OP
    OP
    p

thankyou tunastrack, :) they are pearl gouramis, i have 3 females and 1 male. they get along pretty well, they chase each other occasionally but nothing overly aggressive and no injuries

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice