New hornwort going gold browns and disintegrating

Fiosco345

so i had some of these a couple days ago and when i woke up in the morning this is what i see

86 ssinit

Yes it’s melting. It does nothing ’t like your water. Hornwort is a hit or miss plant. Its a mess when it starts dying. It’s also a mess when it starts growing like crazy. I’ve had it in one tank growing all over and dying in the tank next to it. Strange plant.

Fiosco345

so shuld i garbage it and try somthing else?

86 ssinit

Yeah it’s never come back for me and it’s just a mess when it starts falling apart. How old is your tank?

YellowGuppy

Yeah, I'd bag it up and pull it out before each individual leaf decides to start drifting around your tank on its own!

Fiosco345

86 ssinit said:
Yeah it’s never come back for me and it’s just a mess when it starts falling apart. How old is your tank?
about 4 months old

JettsPapa

I've had it do the same thing when planted in the substrate, but I recently tried again. I let it float instead, and it also melted back some, but also has new growth. I don't claim to be any kind of expert with it, but that's my experience.

86 ssinit

Yes it grows best when floating for me too. Also let the tank mature. Give it a year and try again.

Fiosco345

86 ssinit said:
Yes it grows best when floating for me too. Also let the tank mature. Give it a year and try again.
im gonna remove it and maybe try some vals instead

Latest threads

Top Bottom