New home for betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by joya, Aug 9, 2014.

1. joya

joya Valued Member Member

Thinking about buying a 6 gallon fluval edge for my betta. Does anybody have one, and if so how is it?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

The edge is a lovely looking tank but in my experience of having had one in the past they're hard to keep clean as they only have a small access area.
    Some people have kept Bettas in them but I found the filter flow is quite strong even on low & as it flows through that small opening the Betta struggled to get air so I had to drop the water level which defeats the object of the edges design, they're also expensive for a 6 gallons unless you get a second hand one

3. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

I have an edge, heres the thread:

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members-fish-tanks/167838-fluval-edge-6-betta-paradise-tank.html

I love this little tank and so does my crowntail. The filter that comes with the tank is a small aqua clear 10, i've found the flow to be ok and often times see my betta playing in it. It can be a little difficult cleaning the tank, but what ive done is heated the neck and bent back a small nylon bristle brush and use it for cleaning the tank walls. vacuuming is the same as most tanks, i use just a vinyl hose tube to vacuum the floor. My betta has never had an issue getting air and I keep the tank full. The lighting needs improvement, overall good little tank, but will share what's been called as the ultimate betta tank is the Fluval Spec V. Show betta breeder _Fried_Bettas_ highly recommends this tank, I have another crowntail in a Spec V and love this tank as well.

4. OP
    OP
    joya

joya Valued Member Member

Thanks guys! The fluval edge is so sophisticated, but overpriced! For now I opted out for a 6.6 gallon bookend fishtank for $49.99. It's so much longer, I'm sure my betta will love it. Im also thinkibg about getting a couple of blue velvet shrimp, and of course my moss ball.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

I have the same tank for my betta. In my opinion the 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank is the perfect betta tank. (But I did replace the filter with an AquaClear 10)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice