new here

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
Hi! I just signed up because this forum is alot better then the other one i signed up for!

I keep alot of fish, I started 8 years ago with a 25 gallon tank with some gupies and other livebreaders, now I have a 55 gallon odd ball tank, 125 gallon cichlid, and a 40 gallon marine tank. Now I find myself telling the people that work in petstores about fish rather then asking them questions haha. I also like reptiles, I have a two yearold iquana (deuce) who has his own room, and a 3 yearold water dragon (roach) who shares the room with his little brother!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore! Hope you have a great time here with us.

Everyone here is great and I'm sure you'll get along with us all, as everyone is realy friendly. Everyone here is very helpful. I joined in April and I don't think my fish would still be here if it wasn't for the help and support I've had from people here. I'm sure you'll fit right in with us.

Gwenz

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi! glad to have you here! sounds like you have a lot of experience already (I've only been at this about a month) welcome! Denise

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
welcome

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You're right - most of the time people working at fish stores know really very little or nothing at all. Or, at least at my LFS they know NOTHING. Welcome to Fish Lore by the way

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! It sounds like MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) has taken over big time, and we proudly do not try and cure this!

I think you will thoroughly enjoy the site here, and you will definately be a welcome addition to the reptile section. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
welcome nice varity of tanks you have their

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi again - I was wondering about having all those different catfish inthe same tank - do they get along? also one more question ...I read in one of these threads that cories are schooling fish, yet you have 2 in a tank and a lot of people seem to only have 2...how many is a school? dumb question, probably, but if I don't ask... :-[ :-[
thank you!
Denise

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Corries like to be in groups of 3 or 4 but do fine with just 2 in smaller tanks.

Gwenz

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks! I will need to get something to clean up the 20 gallon when I move the pleco to his bigger home..

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
Welcome to fishlore. I'm new here too. This is a grate sight and everyone is very nice and helpful. once again welcome.
friend_o_fish

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
with the catfish question, your corries will do just fine in a pair, mine dont spend to much time together untill the lights go out and the tank calms down. As for the cat fish getting along, the pictus doesnt get along with the bumble bee cat to much but the tank is big enough to where they dont really see each other that often, the two syndo cats have their problems but the big one ushaly wins! They dont fight to often and when they do they dont cause any damage, mainly just territory problems.

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
Oh and in the 125 nothing messes with the shovelnose, hes way to big, the two syndo cats are like the ones in the 55, fight once in a while

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
8)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom