New here and would like a second opinion

OllyS350

Hi i’m new here, I joined to share my tank and view the tanks of other people who share my interest in fish keeping. I currently have a 145L (I think) tank I brought second hand. It’s been running for 8 months now and in it I have

1 red tailed shark
6 x-ray tetras
5 peppered corys
4 blue ram cichlid’s
2 Octocinclus catfish

I was considering adding some more and would like to know weather A.If this would over crowd my tank B.any suggestions on good fish to add

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 20

ProudPapa

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I would not add any fish to that tank. In fact, at some point the red tailed shark may need a larger tank. I believe they get up to around 6" (150mm) long, so depending on the footprint of your tank it may not have enough swimming space when it gets older.

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

OllyS350

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I would not add any fish to that tank. In fact, at some point the red tailed shark may need a larger tank. I believe they get up to around 6" (150mm) long, so depending on the footprint of your tank it may not have enough swimming space when it gets older.
Thanks for the info i’ll have a shop around.

Nopsu

I agree with no more fish, as the red-tail gets older (they can live up to 20 years! Mine is 13-years old) they get more territorial than juvenile sharks and likely chase all other bottom feeders in your small tank to stress and even deaths.. Of course some might stay more docile but this is my experience and what I have read from others and many have given their sharks away eventually.

Maybe later if you want to swap fish id lose one species and add to the small tetra school for example. They are beautiful fish in groups of more than 10 of them!
Also, your sharkie is beatiful, does she have a cave to hide in?

Rose of Sharon

Welcome to Fishlore! Hope you love it here!! :)

Love that red tailed shark!!!

Katona

Welcome to Fishlore!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BradleyH2O
75 Gallon Tank New here.
Replies
Views
Batmantheanglefish
Replies