New Here And Recently New To The Addiction

1. Manytanks

Manytanks Initiate Member

Hey all just joined and thought I'd say hello.
    I'm recently new to the hobby/addiction (7 months and around 30 tanks shared with my mum).
    I'm learning as I'm going and slowly progressing and getting more involved with the support of my LFS and my mum and have found it is a great help for mental illness.
    I've made mistakes just like everyone else but have learned from them (in most cases) and can hopefully help others to avoid making the same mistakes.

2. Ohio Mark

Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

Welcome aboard! 30 tanks? Wow... That's a lot!

3. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!!!

4. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

Thanks for the welcomes and yes I know its a lot of tanks but there's just so many different fish lol

5. Mick Frost

Mick Frost Member Member

Behold the obsession! Welcome to FishLore.

6. Ohio Mark

Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

How do you ever find time for all those tanks?!

7. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

Thanks and the obsession will become greater once I move to cichlids (hopefully starting another tank for some multifasciatus in about a month)

8. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

Water changes split between 2 days (i have a routine when performing water changes takes about 7 minutes per tank) and feeding twice a day and that's about it

9. Aqua Hands

Aqua Hands Well Known Member Member

Can I come to your house? :p must be like a mini aquarium.

What all do you have?

10. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

Guppies, endlers, mollies (balloon, sailfin), loaches (clown, Pakistani, khuli), platies (variatus and Micky mouse), gouramis (chocolate, kissing, croaking and a heap more), gudgeons ( purple spot and emperor), barbs (tiger, balloon tiger, clown, rosy, green moss), electric yellows, bala sharks, elegans rasbora, red tail black shark, flying foxes, bristlenoses, bettas, cherry shrimp, white clouds and probably more that I've missed lol

11. Aqua Hands

wow, I hate to say this. You'll never make your money back if you decide to sell them all unless you do some serious breeding XD

12. Mick Frost

Mick Frost Member Member

Do some serious breeding anyway, strike a deal with your LFS for store credit. Then you can afford more fish :)

13. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

We've started breeding but its not about the money its the enjoyment and experience. The money will just be an added bonus if we actually sell anything (usually give them away)

14. Aqua Hands

:p go for a really nice flowerhorn ($2000)

15. Aqua Hands

Yea, I get it! we have about $10K spent in total (I'm not trying to flaunt) We will never make that all back. We just love the hobby, Its amazing seeing fish socially involved and such. We would like to bbreed Peacock but they hate us apparently :p

16. Mick Frost

Mick Frost Member Member

I have a Peacock breeder here, they take years to grow.

17. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

They have some really nice 6 bar frontosas at the moment but need to get the racks built first

18. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

Also I forgot to mention the 639 million pest snails lol

19. Aqua Hands

oOo, Thats a lot!

20. OP
    OP
    Manytanks

Maybe not that many but it seems like it especially when they clog up the gravel vac