NEW GUY!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, Jul 26, 2005.

1. CraigWell Known MemberMember

Hello to everyone my name is Craig im 17 im from Northern Ireland and im new to the Tropical Fish family. I have to admit it is a brilliant hobby im one of these guys who love keeping animals in the past ive had about 3 hamsters 2 gerbils 1 cat goldfish (which were rubbish!!!!!!!!) my best m8 got me into tropical fish he has a 84litre but he also works with tropical fish as he works in a pet store. I think i would be perfect workin in a pet store all the research i've done for all the animals i have had i always do my research! As i did before gettin my 63 litre (16 gallon) tank.

I've had it for about a month now i let it cycle for 2weeks b4 gettin my fish and now i currently have 2 guppies (male) 1 golden gourami and 1 red fire gourami (both male) but get on well!! Im not sure if its 2 early 2 get my sucker fish but im lookin 2 get a bristlenose but im almost sure that all the pet stores have plecos my best m8 has a pleco but were almost sure it will definately outgrow his tank this is the reason i want 2 get a Bristlenose but the question is are they hard 2 get???????? I hope u all welcome me well and its good 2 c the females involved in a great hobby!! lol

Help would be much appreciated guys, thanks C W

2. briggsegirlNew MemberMember

hi craig im 13 from blackpool uk my name is erin hope you like it here ;D

3. fletchValued MemberMember

bristle nose arent hard to find, you just need to look around. I dont know about in northern ireland but in cornwall you'll find realy large selections in garden centres. good to see someone whos a bit closer to home!!

4. OP
    OP
    C

CraigWell Known MemberMember

lol replying to my own message but thanks guys and girls for welcomin me and it is also good 2 c that there r people form the uk in here!!

5. OP
    OP
    C

and yes i love it in here already!!!!!!! what are ur tanks like ???

6. fletchValued MemberMember

Ive got a 10 gallon with
    3 dwarf gouramis,
    a sword tail,
    3 harlequin rasboras,
    4 bumblebee gobys,
    a demasoni,
    5 peppered corys,
    a sucking catfish,
    a female guppy,
    2 silvertip tetras,
    2 white cloud minnows
    and an aquatic frog whos recently widowed :(

their all quite small at the moment but im transferring them to a bigger tank soon

7. FishFanValued MemberMember

Welcome Craig! I am new, kinda, as well...so, this is a learning opportunity for all! I have a 55 gallon, tropical freshwater tank. I love my plecos! OK-all of my fish :D But, I'm still new to this hobby. I, too, am more experienced in the FurKids department, so I'm hoping we can chat about other stuff in the Misc. area. :) Maybe we could have Mike set up a NFR (Non-Fish Related) category. ;) Take Care & again, WELCOME!

8. OP
    OP
    C

lol yeah that would b good thank u all!!!!!

9. Mike

MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Great suggestions. I've added a Non-Fish Category that includes dogs, cats, reptiles and other.

Welcome to the forum,
    Mike

10. FishFanValued MemberMember

Wow! I didn't even notice the other categories! Thanks, Mike! I think the growth of this Forum will draw more and enable a larger audience-and more info. :) I look forward to it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice