New Guppy Sitting In The Corner Of The Tank

neonix
Help! So I have just gotten a male guppy from Petco. It is just sitting in the corner of the tank, swam a bit in the beginning but eventually stayed in that corner at the bottom. I have bag acclimated it for 40 minutes. It has been 2 hours since I have got it, and will now try to feed it and hopefully it responds!

Scott93
How did you acclimate them? Did you just float it for 40 mins in the bag and then dump in? Did you slowly add tank water to the bag?

neonix
How did you acclimate them? Did you just float it for 40 mins in the bag and then dump in? Did you slowly add tank water to the bag?
I left the bag in the tank for 20 minutes, then removed half the bag water (not into the tank), replaced it with tank water, then after another 20 I put the fish in with a net. Maybe a few drops of bag water entered a tank if any.

Scott93
Ideally you should slowly add about 1/2 cup every 15 mins or so over and hour so your fish can slowly adjust to their new water. It can also help to dI'm the lights or turn them off for a little while when adding new fish. They are stressed to begin with from the move and will likely adjust with time. Assuming your tank is cycled and water quality is good then I would say it is just stress from the move. You only acclimate once so making sure to take a little longer and add tank water over a longer time can help ease the transition.

neonix
Ideally you should slowly add about 1/2 cup every 15 mins or so over and hour so your fish can slowly adjust to their new water. It can also help to dI'm the lights or turn them off for a little while when adding new fish. They are stressed to begin with from the move and will likely adjust with time. Assuming your tank is cycled and water quality is good then I would say it is just stress from the move. You only acclimate once so making sure to take a little longer and add tank water over a longer time can help ease the transition.
Okay. Thanks for the help. Hopefully he starts moving..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Grace4514
Replies
Views
LynnwoodFishDad
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gel0city
Replies