New Green Mandarin Goby

fishman705
I'm about to receive my first mandarin and wanted to know if these fish can be trained to eat mysis shrimp? I have a well established tank with copepods all over but I want to keep him eating other foods as a back up plan.

Butterfly
Don't know anything about them except I've heard they are hard to get to eat and that I like them
One of our saltwater people should be along soon
carol

fishman705
ok can anyone elaborate on this? or should I just keep him on pods? I doubt that he will eat shrimp early the place I bought him from told me he just gave him tigger pods.

Bumblebat
Sorry, I wish I could help. I don't know too much about Mandarins other than they're picky eaters and very difficult to convince to accept certain foods. I think having a back up plan is a good idea, though. You won't really know until you try, I guess.

ryanr
Is the goby wild-caught or tank-bred?

From all reports; Wild-caught are extremely difficult to get eating anything other than pods. I'm led to believe that tank-bred can be weened onto other foods, but it's still difficult.

IMO, best to keep up the pods.

fishman705
ok well I have a pretty good colony of pods going and I just added some chaeto so hopefully that will keep up the growth but thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom