New Glofish Danios!!!

BornThisWayBettas
Hey everyone! So after much helpful advice from everyone on here ( Anders247 helped me out a lot with this), I finally went to my LFS yesterday to buy four glofish danios to complete my school.

First off, just want to comment on how much fun it is to go into my LFS. I saw a gar, arowana, giant gourami, angelfish, discus, and some of the most beautiful bettas ever. I had told my younger siblings that they could come in with me when I went in to buy fish, and the giant gourami kept snapping at them through the glass lol! Never really seen a truly people-aggressive aquarium fish lol! Imagine how painful it would be to change his water!

Anyways, I went into the store with a plan of what colors I wanted, one pink, one yellow, and two greens. Well, I went into the store only to fall in love with a purple glofish danio, but she messed up my plan of two of each color! So the guy is waiting patiently for me to decide if I want pink or purple while he's gotten the other three out I think, and I'm like, "Hmmm..... I don't know....." But finally I just took the purple. I think she was the only purple in the tank.

The newbies are a little fatter than my first two, so maybe I should be more generous with the food lol! That store has big fish, and the two green glofish danios are especially big.

I think the names for them are gonna be: Purple one: Pearl, Green one: Yoda, Other green one: KI Lime, and the yellow one will be Sunburst. And my first two are Jeanine and The Edge of Glory, the first one named after one of my favorite villains, the latter named after a really good song by Lady Gaga.

Anyways, I'll try to make some pictures in the next post.

Advertisement
BornThisWayBettas
Here are some pictures, I was having trouble getting them in here and didn't want to lose my OP. Sorry they're upside down. :/ And the green glofish look yellow.

Bijou88
They're so pretty! Your guys will be so happy to have a school too, congrats!

Advertisement
BornThisWayBettas
Thanks! I was a little worried about Jeanine last night, as she was being kinda antisocial, hanging out near the bottom while everyone else crowded around the top and middle and sides. Hopefully she'll get used to it. She might be the smallest, so....

Bijou88
Yeah, she'll adjust once she figures out they're buddies for her

Advertisement
BornThisWayBettas
Yeah, I hope so! It almost looks like the glofish are trying to school with the guppies sometimes, or maybe they're just crowding around the top begging for food?

Gvilleguy
Congrats! I've kept glofish for almost five years now. I usually keep them mixed with regular zebras. I even accidentally bred them. I removed some java moss to a cycling tank and a few weeks later I noticed a tiny red glofish fry! It is now adult sized - and it is clearly a hybrid zebra and glo - very cool looking fish.

BornThisWayBettas
Thank you! That's so cool that you had hybrid fry haha! Do you have any pictures you can post of them?

Anders247
Congrats!

BornThisWayBettas
Thanks!

Gvilleguy
Hard to get a pic of fast moving danios but here is one:
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433468378.673744.jpg

Anders247
Wow, that looks really cool Gvilleguy.

BornThisWayBettas
Wow, he's gorgeous!

Tian
Congrats! They are beautiful....

BornThisWayBettas
Thank you darling!

Gvilleguy
Yeah, that hybrid zebra / glofish is now my favorite fish in the tank. Looks so cool to have the zebra coloring down the middle of the body, with red on top and bottom.

BornThisWayBettas
He is very cool looking!

elliot5445
Nice! If only they weren't 8 bucks each here, I might get some...

Btw, Gvilleguy your profile angelfish looks almost EXACTLY like mine! Mine has a few black markings on the side tho

BornThisWayBettas
$8 is about how much mine cost, well, it may've been more like $7.99, but not a big difference really.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Dave125g
Replies
Views
blu3dragon619
Replies