New glitch? are pop up ad permanent?

mattgirl

It seems I am now getting pop up ads. When i first open up the forum i get one that covers the whole page. Other times it is a smaller one asking me if i want to download ebooks. I am thinking that one will take me to the ebooks available here on the forum.

Idkitsathrowaway

im not the most well versed in computers but is your anti-virus up to date?

Upvote 0

mattgirl

im not the most well versed in computers but is your anti-virus up to date?
Neither am I but fortunately hubby is so he has that taken care of.

Upvote 0

John58ford

I leave FL, and several other pages, open in the background in chrome for Android. Since last week's update I occasionally get a pop up ad when I open it for the first time in a while. I was *guessing* that non-members always see the ads and when I first have my connection refresh there's a gap in the security/log in status and I see the non-member pop ups also. I'm not seeing them at all during a continuous session browsing posts etc. Or maybe it was made that way.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I'm using Chrome, and haven't seen pop-ups at all.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

I have to think it was just a glitch as it happened several times yesterday but I didn't have it happen when I opened up Fishlore this morning and still hasn't. I actually seldom ever log out. I just close all windows. Maybe I should actually log out from time to time. I don't know enough to know if staying logged in all the time can cause issues or not.

Upvote 0

ForceTen

Ad Block plus will get rid of all ads and its free. It doesn't work well on my phone though.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I have to think it was just a glitch as it happened several times yesterday but I didn't have it happen when I opened up Fishlore this morning and still hasn't. I actually seldom ever log out. I just close all windows. Maybe I should actually log out from time to time. I don't know enough to know if staying logged in all the time can cause issues or not.
I stay logged in also. I close windows frequently, but I log in automatically when I re-open FL.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PAcanis
  • Question
Replies
Views
John58ford
  • Question
Replies
Views