New GBRs!

1. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

I got to go to a good fish store yesterday and I got rams (finally). I've been wanting a pair ever since my old ones died. Of course, last time it was two males, now I appear to have 2 females. Actually, one is still so pale it looks a little like a bolivian ram (it better color up soon). I put them in my 75 gallon tank with the guppies as a 'QT' and will add more fish to the tank in a week or two if they're still healthy. They're very small, and cute. I'll be posting pics for you soon.

2. stashattack Member Member

Yay!! My boyfriend and are getting blue rams soon for our share 20 gallon tank. How long did your old ones live?

Can't wait until you post pics!

3. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

2 months and 3 months :( One got columnaris (very nasty) and the other hurt his lip, then it got infected. Sorry, I don't have pics. My camera's batteries never seem to work and my computer chord died (this is from my mom's computer). When I have pics I'll make sure to post them.

Rams are really fun, and 20 gallons should be fine for a pair. They're really pretty and have awesome attitudes.

4. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

I love rams, they're just so beautiful! Can't wait for pics. :)

5. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on the new members to your community.

6. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Congradulations on your new GBR's. I have a variety of Rams in my 30 gallon and I absolutely love them. Rams normally have a lifespan of about 3 years if they stay healthy and are taken care of properly.