New GBR's

1. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I recently purchased 5 GBR's. The smallest is about 3/4" long from nose to tip of tail. The largest is around 1.5". They have some great color and a lot of personality! I also have a little BN Pleco too.

Attached Files:

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Did you find your pairs yet?

3. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I don't even know which are male or female. I tried the blue specks on the large black dot thing, and they all have them. I'm sure there's at least 1 male, and I'm about 95% positive on 2 being female. The other two, I'm not sure. I think the male is playing the field right now. He seems to like everyone.

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

5. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I'm not too concerned about it right now. I'm not expecting any fry. My pH is high and we have hard water. I guess it's more important that they live peacefully. I know they'll all color up more within the next few weeks and I should have an easier time with it!

6. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I've had the GBR's for about 6 weeks now. They just came out of quarantine last week. One female went to my husband's community tank. One of the males died a few days after he came out of quarantine. The male and 2 females in my community tank are looking good. I have a pair and a spare female. The spare female is pretty dull and ugly, but she's a spunky little thing. Here's some updated pics of them!

DSCF0691.jpg DSCF0694.jpg DSCF0697.jpg

7. AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Such a beautiful fish...I'm tempted to get one in my tank...but must practice self control for right now

8. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

Thank you! They are awesome little fish.

9. mike831 Initiate Member

Very nice! I have a M/F as well in my 20 gallon with 10 neon tetras. By far my favorite fishes!

10. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I wish I could own one but with my Ph at 7.6 ( for the snails) I can not :( (Atleast I don't think I can)

11. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

My pH is at 8.2 so I bet they'd be fine for you!

12. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful rams! Be careful with the trio. Once they pair off the extra female will be harassed if not killed.

13. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I'll watch for it. Right now my guy is having the time of his life. He's quite the lady's man!