new gbr very excited

1. skar Member Member

I just found a very small gbr which I'm super stoked love their color. I had two that I lost before to ich. First one I've found since, so I got it :) . I have two beautiful Bolivian rams ( they were in during the ich crisis) any how .... No problems with keeping these two together right ? I haven't had problems in the past or now. Just checking. Thanks.

2. Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Looking at your stocking you have a lot of schools that you need to bump up, you may also be overstocked. What do you mean you released 3 of the mollies? I hope you didn't put them in the wild...

GBR and bolivian rams can live together if their is enough hiding places, also get a bunch of decorations, I recommend live plants, rocks, and driftwood. Make it so they will not always see each other.

3. skar Member Member

Ya.. I am over stocked I'm pretty sure. They all are thriving and I have a jungle of plants and decor. I have had this tank up and running over a year so it is established. Thank you for your reply.

4. fish gazer Member Member

Even if there are hiding places and such, I think your 2 Bolivians have already secured the whole tank to themselves, the best spots anyway. IME, hiding places in your tank may end up being the place where your new GBR hangs out for the rest of his tank-life. He may be be bullied around by the Bolivians whenever he enters their territory, not getting much food, stressed-out. I think some people are ok with this, some people are not, it's up to you and your own experience with it.

I'm sure it can work in many different situations though. That being said, how are your Bolivians interacting with your new GBR? It would be amazing to be able to keep the 2 species together, I only have one male Bolivian.

5. skar Member Member

Thank you . so far the Bolivians don't pay much attention to it. And gbr usually hangs out in the back of the tank with the dwarf gourami. :)

6. fish gazer Member Member

Oh that's good! I hope it works out, those are great fish to have!

7. skar Member Member

Me too. Thank you :)

8. skar Member Member

Just thought I would update . The little gbr is extremely colorful and freely swims all over :)