new fry with pictures

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
May 8 one of my female feeder guppies had fry in the tank. I only saved 4 of them. On May 10 another female had fry in the tank but I caught her having them. I saved 6 of them. And on May 12 my third female had 12 fry in the breeder net. So I have 22 new fry now I am feeding them fry flakes.

this is were I am keeping the fry for now.

here is dad mom is hiding in the castle.

heres mom with a fry coming out of her

this is where the parents are for now but they will be going into a 30 gallon tank soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
congrats on the fry! Thats a very pretty male feeder guppy, Im always surprised people still sell such amazing guppy/endler crosses as feeders, but I guess theyre prolific and dont quite sell as well as the real thing, so why not. The hard part will be feeding the little guys to the cichlids after youve worked so hard to raise them , yet it will still be worth

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
congrats on the fry! Thats a very pretty male feeder guppy, Im always surprised people still sell such amazing guppy/endler crosses as feeders, but I guess theyre prolific and dont quite sell as well as the real thing, so why not. The hard part will be feeding the little guys to the cichlids after youve worked so hard to raise them , yet it will still be worth
I did not know he was a endler cross I just thought he was cross breed with a fancy guppy.

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
a while ago I used to be able to get feeder guppies that looked like that, Ive heard of guppy/endler crosses being used as feeders and they look alot like that, just like an endler with less vibrant colors. Good luck with the little guys, at what age do you plan on feeding them to your cichlids?

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
a while ago I used to be able to get feeder guppies that looked like that, Ive heard of guppy/endler crosses being used as feeders and they look alot like that, just like an endler with less vibrant colors. Good luck with the little guys, at what age do you plan on feeding them to your cichlids?
I wait until I can tell the sex of them. That way I keep some of the females for future breeding.

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my three females had more fry. I now have about 70 total guppy fry ranging from 4 weeks to new born. So I am feeding the larger fry to my fire mouths now. I got a new female fancy guppy and she had 7 fry the same day I got her. I am going to keep her fry and feed the feeder guppies. I like them to get a little bigger first as they are not much of a meal right now.

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thats a lot of fry!

you can also feed the fry a nutritious meal to the feeders before you feed them to your cichlids and the cichlids will get the extra nutrition from the feeders once theyre big enough

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom