New foster dog

mlinden84
Here's Callie, our newest foster dog (and my new running buddy).

jack11
wow he is absolutely stunning! I bet he runs like nothing else too! wat breed is it again? (its on the edge of my tongue just can't recall it)

mlinden84
wow he is absolutely stunning! I bet he runs like nothing else too! wat breed is it again? (its on the edge of my tongue just can't recall it)

Husky. Yeah she loves to run. That's why her original owners got rid of her. They kept her in a small cage all day, then wondered why she was so hyper and had so much energy when they got home. We go for runs in the morning and at night, and shes still not worn out! She's a good girl, just needs some socializing and some training work before she can go to a new home.

Dino
WOW what a beautiful dog.

Chief_waterchanger
Very beautiful dog. I could never foster a dog like that and give it up... I would consider a 5th dog if I knew I could get one of those and have it trained well.

mlinden84
She's our 4th foster pup. It is very hard to give them up, but I know that by giving her to a loving family, I will get to help another dog. She's an amazing dog, so grateful for her newfound freedom and love that she gets here. It's dogs like her that bounce back so fast once they are in a loving environment that make fostering worthwhile.

jack11
Ahk yer I thought it was something else. they are absolutely stunning dogs but unfortunately it gets to hot for them in Australia.

mlinden84
A Siberian Husky looks similar to an Alaskan Malamute, maybe that's what you were thinking of?

jack11
might have been, which one usually has the blue eyes?

mlinden84
might have been, which one usually has the blue eyes?

Both of them can, as well as some other dogs (such as Catahoula leopard dog, Australian Shepard, etc).

Jendayi
She's absolutely gorgeous! I just want to run my hands all thru that beautiful fur!

It constantly amazes me what people will do to animals, either intentionally or not. Where is the education and forethought that *should* come with making at least a 12 year committment to a dog? Very sad... But thank you so much for fostering and making a difference in these animals' lives!

jack11
I agree his/her coat is stunning! i've always been curious of the result if you cross bred them with german shephards

mlinden84
She has an amazingly soft coat. Makes me want to pet her even more = ) She's still a little chubby (result of being overfed and not exercised) but our daily running will take care of that. Shes only 13 months old, so luckily only a small portion of her life was spent in a cage. And it didn't affect her personality, she's such a cool dog. And such an amazing personality!
We have a playdate set up on Thursday with my last foster, a Border Collie/Lab mix named Max. I'm excited to see him! And Callie needs some socialization, she's not as calm around other dogs as I would like. That's one of the reasons she is being fostered. But so far she's doing great, and is great with my 3 year old daughter as well! Truely a joy to have around the house. And a great exercise buddy, there is no skipping our runs or she'll bug me until we go!

Isabella
Jesus Christ Mlinden84 !!! What a stunning creature! You've just made me so jealous! This is my DREAM dog! That's exactly the kind of dog I HAVE to have one day (when I move out of NY). I am totally in love with Siberian Huskies with blue eyes! They look like wolves, totally wild! You're so lucky to have such a beautiful dog. Congrats! l

When I look at these dogs, I just wanna move away from NY, perhaps to Colorado, buy a little house somewhere in the forests or mountains there, and get myself a big beautiful husky! ;D A german shephard would be great to go with it as well, lol.

P.S. The move "White Fang" (adapted from the book by Jack Landon) has made me fall in love with Siberian Huskies. I must have been around 10 years old when I first saw that movie. Boy, did it make an impression on me. I remembr crying in the movie theather when the mother of the baby wolf died. LOL Ever since I can remember, I've always cried when watching movies or programs where animals are hurt or dying. Just can't watch them being hurt or dying. I'm such a sucker for animals! :-\

mlinden84
Thanks! But she's not mine forever, just until she works out her issues. She's still VERY territorial with other dogs. We tried to go to the dog park yesterday and we only lasted 5 minutes until we had to leave. She just hasn't been socialized the way she needed to be. She's very sweet otherwise, I trust her completely around my 3 year old daughter... just not around other dogs yet. My daughter and Callie spend 2 hours yesterday afternoon digging in the snow in the backyard. It was so cute!

What a great idea to get one when you move! They are awesome dogs, their personality is even more stunning than their looks! I think a German Shepard would be a perfect buddy, that's another favorite of mine!

Jesus Christ Mlinden84 !!! What a stunning creature! You've just made me so jealous! This is my DREAM dog! That's exactly the kind of dog I HAVE to have one day (when I move out of NY). I am totally in love with Siberian Huskies with blue eyes! They look like wolves, totally wild! You're so lucky to have such a beautiful dog. Congrats! l

When I look at these dogs, I just wanna move away from NY, perhaps to Colorado, buy a little house somewhere in the forests or mountains there, and get myself a big beautiful husky! ;D A german shephard would be great to go with it as well, lol.

P.S. The move "White Fang" (adapted from the book by Jack Landon) has made me fall in love with Siberian Huskies. I must have been around 10 years old when I first saw that movie. Boy, did it make an impression on me. I remembr crying in the movie theather when the mother of the baby wolf died. LOL Ever since I can remember, I've always cried when watching movies or programs where animals are hurt or dying. Just can't watch them being hurt or dying. I'm such a sucker for animals! :-\

Drea
She's beautiful for sure. Is she a talker? Alot of Huskies are great at that. Many years ago, we had one named Buster. He would wake us every morning with a sweet kind of dog yodel...LOL I know she is loving the snow,:;sman good thing you got her when you did, poor thing being kept in a cage..we should do that same thing to the humans who do that to their 4 legs. See how they like it!

Gunnie
Wow! What a beauty! I doubt you will have much problem adopting her out! We rescued 2 dogs that were being fostered and found them through petfinder.com. That's a great website. You are commended for sharing your time and home with a dog that needs you! Kudos to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allie
Wow...that is a perfect example of my favorite breed of dog. She is gorgeous!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• CHoffman
  • Dog
Replies
Views
CHoffman
  • FishL:))
  • Dog
Replies
Views
Ohio Mark
  • jenmur