New Flowerhorn- Need To Know The Type & Gender If Possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyrus#17

Reaction score
Hello guys, this is my first flower horn would you be able to identify what type of FH is this? Thanks.
c092154897f9756c18bc875fd6e9f62c.jpg

Deerap

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Looks like kamfa FH, it's difficult to tell the gender but my best guess it seems like a female

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Why have I never heard of that...? Is it a specialty or something? There are ALOT of people that are breeding/selling FH around my area but that’s a new one.

Very pretty OP!
Zhen Zhou are the most common strain of Flowerhorn. They are usually called Red Dragon. They are generally the most fertile so they are seen a lot.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Zhen Zhou are the most common strain of Flowerhorn. They are usually called Red Dragon. They are generally the most fertile so they are seen a lot.
That would do it. Super Red dragon is common around here. King Kamfa is the other.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The "Super" and "King" in the names is meant to identify the quality of the Flowerhorn. The terms are heavily over used to boost the price of the fish. That's why I used official strain name. Sorry, just being a nerd
No no, I’ve always kinda wondered about the flowerhorns around me. Someone must be breeding them like crazy because there are always FH of all ages for sale. It makes me curious about them. There are some really nice ones I’ve seen and then some that are less so. The fry are dirt cheap no matter what they’re called but when you have 80 fry that need to be rehomed, cheap sells.

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
No no, I’ve always kinda wondered about the flowerhorns around me. Someone must be breeding them like crazy because there are always FH of all ages for sale. It makes me curious about them. There are some really nice ones I’ve seen and then some that are less so. The fry are dirt cheap no matter what they’re called but when you have 80 fry that need to be rehomed, cheap sells.
Yes, and there's no way of knowing if the fry will turn out good. It takes a lot of tank space to grow them out and verify quality. Even from high grade fish, you still get a number of low grade offspring.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, and there's no way of knowing if the fry will turn out good. It takes a lot of tank space to grow them out and verify quality. Even from high grade fish, you still get a number of low grade offspring.
So I’ve heard. They’re such a mixed cichlid that you have to wait till adult to know what they’re gonna look like. Does the fry ever start off “pretty” then it fades to a lesser quality or does color always improve (to a point)

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
So I’ve heard. They’re such a mixed cichlid that you have to wait till adult to know what they’re gonna look like. Does the fry ever start off “pretty” then it fades to a lesser quality or does color always improve (to a point)
There are some that never really look good. Or they peak and don't get any better. Then there are ones that will look ugly for a while and then really take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 33 64.7%

Top Bottom