“New” fishroom/house

AR115

Made a fishroom in my smaller basement workshop room. Currently have 2 40g breeders cycling, 1 29 QT, 1 29 not set up and a 55 getting set up this week. I made both stands, 1 to hold 2 29’s and the other to hold the 2 40 breeders on the bottom and a 55 and 75 (coming soon). I made the large stand all out of 2x6s and 3/4” plywood and went way overboard with the supports so fully confident in its strength. Basement floor is somewhat sloped so it was a nightmare trying to get everything level and it still isnt perfect, but not enough to worry me. Will have everything set up and cycling hopefully by the end of the week! Still waiting on some stuff in the mail that should be here Monday so had to improvise slightly (dont mind the water on the floor didnt have a chance to clean everything up yet) Brings my total to 8 tanks in the house and just got into the hobby a few months ago. Also have a 55 and a 75 in our house on DIY stands.
You must be registered to see images

BigManAquatics

I admire people like you who do so many tanks! Just the though of all those water changes alone usually keeps me at a particular limit!

The actual building and setting up is my kind of thing though.

Upvote 0

AR115

I thoroughly enjoy the hobby, yes it has been expensive to start but once everything is up and running it shouldnt be too bad. Setting everything up has been fun honestly. Thank god our laundry room is on the other side of the wall with a huge sink so I just run a python through the wall right to the sink

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

It looks amazing!! I wish I could have that many tanks of that size, gl!!

Upvote 0

yukondog

I did the same thing as you are doing, it started out with two than it was four and now my small shop has turned into a fish building with tanks covering every workbench with just enough room for my desk. Good thing I have two shops. I have found that using styrofoam under the tanks help a lot, now all my tanks have it under them even if they dont need it. I buy it from Lowes, you can get by the sheet.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
junebug
Replies
Views
Dawn Michele
Replies
Views
Wadsjo15
Replies