new fish 60 Gallon Tank 

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i bought 1 male 2 female melanochromis auratus male is atleast 3 inches and females are 2.5 inches so now i have 11 in there ill post pics soon after they get settled in

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah the male is a beast lol he was used to 10 gallons now he has places to claim my lab male may have met his match ill see who claims the tank now

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah was funny my lab male and new male were alomost gonna let it rip a second ago did the old face off action chargeing the camera now hehe

Angela_96

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is one species of malawi cichlids that I stay away from with good reason. I had a pair of them and within a day the male had killed a bunch of my cichlids.
Him and his woman got took to the lfs for free!

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well so far so good my reasearch on the species said aggresive towards males of the same species and hes the only one i didnt buy blind i looked them up first man i hope he behaves hes such a good looking fish i have 2 women for him should i buy another to make sure he has his fun?lol

deathtroll

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd go with another 2 females. I can't seam to catch a break when I buy them all the ones I can get are to small for a male to color yet and keep getting males

so far my auratus are playing nicely my problem is every one else

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well these were al good sized at lfs cost me 12 bucks a peice what others do you have?

deathtroll

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
a mess really I got 1 bumble bee, 2 red zebra, 2 ice blue adults, ? ice blue juvies, 2 kenyi, and 2 auratus.

currently working on redoing the stock in this tank.

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
as of now i dont seem to have any problems the aurtas chases his females a little but more like playing

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom