New Fish!

currm2952

Reaction score
Image1526240012.781124.jpg
Image1526240044.187521.jpg
Image1526240061.939252.jpg

Just got this little guy yesterday He’s so fun & playful, But loves to take rests underneath the heater instead of in his leaf hammock. I’m going to feed him over the hammock to hopefully get him used to using it. Right now I have him in a 1 gallon (I know its tiny & I do feel bad!) with a decent sized moss ball, a leaf hammock, 2 other (fake) soft plants, a filter, & a heater. I just started a new job & I need to wait 2 weeks until I get paid until I can afford a larger tank, & some more supplies for the little guy.

My question is, Is this little tank going to be suitable for him until I am paid in 2 weeks? He was in this tiny little vase at the pet store & I felt like he just needed something better. I’m doing the best I can but if anyone has any suggestions that will help me keep him healthy for the next 2 weeks I will be so grateful!!

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

At the top of the forum is a list of helpful linked articles. I spent a lot of time reading them when I was starting out - you may find them helpful too! The above link is one of them...

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
when you buy a new tank, try to get 5.5 gallons or more. make sure to get a filter that will pump the full aquarium ten times an hour.

currm2952

Reaction score
Lunnietic said:
What do you have the heater set to? And how strong is the flow from the filter?
The filter came with the tank & I’m not really sure how strong the filter flow is supposed to be. Strong enough to agitate the full surface area of the water, but just in small ripples that I would just barely call ripples but not sure what else to call it. Also the heater doesnt have settings on it to adjust. It automatically keeps the water between I believe the box says 76-82 or something in that range?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom