New Fish!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by soarl, Jan 4, 2013.

1. soarlValued MemberMember

My daughter was complaining about the beta I killed a couple years ago (way before I knew anything about the nitrogen cycle or anything else) named fishy fish. I decided it would be good to get her a new fishy fish for a 10 gallon nursery tank I set up for injured or propagating plants. While I was there I also managed to talk her into wanting a few glowlight tetra's and a Dwarf Gourami for the main tank. You can check them out on   until I get some pictures up!

2. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

IMO, I think that the glowlight tetras are much too active for a 10. They use every cubic inch of water my 29 can hold. I don't think they would be a good choice. JMO

3. soarlValued MemberMember

Oh it's a 20 long...I think I haven't updated my info...some day soon it will be a 29 gallon.

4. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

Ah! Ok then, they will be fine. ;)

5. soarlValued MemberMember

The Beta is in a 10 all by himself!

6. QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

Ohh, I think I misinterpreted. My bad.

7. JunneFishlore LegendMember

Loved watching your feed. What is wrapped around the marimo ball? Very pretty tank!!! :)

8. soarlValued MemberMember

It's just some cotton twine. I got it from some online seller and it was almost like it was originally a patch they grew on some driftwood and then tried to form it into a huge hollow ball. I squished it all back in together and then wrapped it in that twine to try to make it a ball again instead of a big algae bag.

9. soarlValued MemberMember

Not the best pics but he wasn't cooperating very well! He's the solitary fish in this 10 gallon tank
    IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0082.jpg

These guys are in my main 20 long tank. Again not the best pics but the fish just won't listen to direction!

IMG_0095.JPGIMG_0093.JPGIMG_0092.JPGIMG_0091.JPGIMG_0090.JPGIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0088.JPG

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  10. soarlValued MemberMember

In retrospect maybe I should have put this in the members fish forums! Ooops!

11. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Awesome, this aquarium has turned into an addiction of perfection lol...

12. soarlValued MemberMember

Thanks! I want to load it up with some more plants and possibly another chunk of wood or some type of rock formation but it's getting there! One of my glowlight tetra's is missing the lower half of his tail fin, not sure if that happened since introducing them to my tank or if it was like that and I missed it.

13. MagooFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful fish Soarl :) do we get a full tank shot :)

I would keep an eye on your tetra it could have happened in relocation just keep an eye out for fin rot. It could even be something like a birth defect if there isn't any sign of an open wound

14. soarlValued MemberMember

I isolated him for a while so I could observe him a little better. If everything looks good I'll move him back into population soon. I did watch them zipping around and it looked like they may have been nipping at him but maybe that was after he was already without part of that tail. I'll have to see if I can get a decent pic of it.

15. soarlValued MemberMember

I isolated him for a while so I could observe him a little better. If everything looks good I'll move him back into population soon. I did watch them zipping around and it looked like they may have been nipping at him but maybe that was after he was already without part of that tail. I'll have to see if I can get a decent pic of it.

I have a full tank pic somewhere, I'll have to find it and link it in here.

16. soarlValued MemberMember

17. MagooFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful tank Soarl :)

18. soarlValued MemberMember

Thanks! It's no AP 100 gallon dirted tank but I like it!

19. fishlover123456New MemberMember

love your tank and fish the betta is awesome and should not harass any of the other fish nor should they

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice