New fish!!!! Wooohooooo! :)

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I had planned to go to the fish farm today to get 2 koi for my pond just to top off the pond, HOWEVER, I became a victim of impulse buying

So I went with the intention of spending £20-£25, I actually spent £40

So what did I buy?

I did get 1 koi Its a beautiful female and she has settled in well! I have already watched her eat a tadpole

So here she is...
Picture 2263.jpgPicture 2260.jpg

And here is my impulse buy!
It was a once in a lifetime for me, in all of the years I've been going to the same LFS (about 8 years) They have never had these before!

So I was walking along admiring all of the fish, and I came to my favourite section, american cichlids

Then there they were, 3 BEAUTIFUL electric blue jack dempseys, 2 female 1 male. The females were a beautiful deep blue colour but I typically like my jack dempsey to be male as they are a boy-ish fish So I watched him for a while
And bought him!
£30 for him! I had to get it lol.
He is now in the 72G with all of the other american cichlids and stuff I have

Here is Buster
Picture 2261.jpgPicture 2262.jpg

Just a quick stocking question. I know for a fact my 72G is overstocked now, I'm just wondering how overstocked?

Stock:
2 angels
2 parrot cichlids
1 bolivian ram
3 tiger barbs (had 5, they are starting to die off now)
3 boseman rainbows
1 synodontis angelicus
1 bristlenose pleco

and the new JD

I don't think it's too bad aslong as I keep on top of my water changes

Thanks,
Ben

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Ben,

Wow! Beautiful new fish you have there! I don't think I've ever seen a fish with the colors that Buster has. Great find!

Ben I don't think you're over stocked that badly if at all. The largest fish in the tank are the 2 Bloody Parrots and the cat fish (I believe). Even with the new JD I think you'll be fine with your routine water changes.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Ken

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wooo

I might be a bit pushed when they are adults, but I don't think the tiger barbs will still be around by then lol.

Getting these fish has made my day

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's awesome, Ben! Congratulations!

I think your rainbows and JDs will have issues as the JD matures, but that's the only overstocking "concern" that I see unless I missed something.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
:jawdrop:im so jealous!!!!!! ive been wanting eb's since I lost my rescues....lucky dog!!!!

I dont think you are overstocked as far as bioload, you can up water changes....but swimspace may be an issue as the fish mature....either way, you have some time with that amazing baby ....im so jealous!

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well there are 2 more in the store if you want to come and collect them Or I can buy them and ship them to you for 500 bucks with no live arrival guaruntee

An electric blue dempsey is my dream fish, and I finally have one

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well there are 2 more in the store if you want to come and collect them Or I can buy them and ship them to you for 500 bucks with no live arrival guaruntee

An electric blue dempsey is my dream fish, and I finally have one
your too kind ben!!!!!!!! LOL
I have an electric blue african...whose very close to jd's ...ever seen them?...and hes just amazing!! but im still going to have a pair of ebjd's someday!

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just quickly google imaged, that fish is beautiful!

I was tempted to get a pair, it was £55 for 2 but I don't have space and they were siblings and if I was to breed them I would want it to be a proper spawn, not sibings spawning.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom