New fish tank!!

1. Wnsanford

Wnsanford Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so my brother has given me his 30g and since the top on my 20g was broken, I swapped them. I used mostly my own river rock with some well rinsed rock from him. My dojo loach seems as ecstatic about it as I am! I don't have any problems I just wanted to share photos of this awesome new tank! My dojo can be seen swimming up and down in the back. Let me know what you think :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405990434.943040.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405990443.671710.jpg

2. cborden

cborden Member Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Looks good. How many rummy nose do you have?

3. OP
    OP
    Wnsanford

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you :) Aww you saw him. I love my little rummy. I only have one. I bought him (her?) as a pair with the last two from an out of town lfs and his mate died last year. I haven't been able to get back to that store to get any more

4. cborden

cborden Member Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Gotcha. I have 6 rummy nose and they are the most active school of tetras I have. They just cruise along the glass back and forth.

5. OP
    OP
    Wnsanford

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh that's awesome. When I get the money I'll probably take the trip or order some more online

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Lovely looking tank, what temp is it at? dojo loach are a cool water fish & won't do well at higher temps, they also like to bury themselves so make sure the gravel isn't sharp & start saving for a bigger tank, it'll need more space as they can get to around a foot long.

7. OP
    OP
    Wnsanford

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your advice. I've had him for five years and that's as big as he's gotten so far and he seems pretty happy :) the tank stays at 72 and I have a 55g on standby if I need it but I haven't really had the need so far. He was happier with the sand but I ended up having to get rid of it and the river rocks I have now are smooth. My dojo has never really been very interested in digging either, I think I just have a guy with an unusual personality. My khuli, however, loves to dig himself into the gravel.