New fish ?s

Jhn

How many zebra danios do you think I could keep in a 10 gallon tank?
Also, can zeb. danios live with corydora catfish, If so how many zebra
danios and corydora catfish could I keep?

MasterShake2003
Danios like to be in schools of 6 or more, same with cory cats. I would go with more than 3 of each, but preferably, you should just keep one school of these schooling fish in a 10 gal.

MissMTS
I have heard that since Danios are very active they are not good in small aquariums, but I have never tried it- it may work for you

Jhn
Could I keep a school of 4 danios with a school of 3 or 4 cory cats?

Cody
well the thing is you would be over stocked. but it could work if you want cories for the bottoming feed purpoes try a shrimp like ghost or amano. there are a lot of kinda and but those are commonly avalible and smaller shrimp. smaller shrimp haver pretty much know affect on the biol load. there are cherry shrimp to that are very preety and will breed no problem if you have a male and female. but depenidng on where you get them they can be expensive you would proubably pay anywhere from3 to 10 dollars. the cheapest I can get them for is 5 dollars. but I you could do 4 dainos adn 2 cories with a decent filter and regular matince are you familiar with cycling and gravel vacuming etc

Jhn
are you sure 2 cories is enough to keep them happy???

Cody
its better then one, and better then overstocking

COBettaCouple
The Danios get to 2", Corys can get up to 2", 3.5" or more depending on species. You'll want to stay under 10" adult size and I'd recommend one or the other.

Blub
Hi!

Go for 4 Zebras and 3 small shrimp. Then you wouldn't be overstocked - and have a decent tank.

Cody
well if he got small shrimp he could get more dainos cuase small shrimp don't really affect the biol load

Jhn
With only danios how many could I get?

angelfish220
about 5. If I were you I would get some shrimp and the danios.

Jhn
Also, currently in my ten gallon tank are two fantail goldfish, I'm moving them
to a 29 gallon tank. How many more goldfish could I add to the 29 gallon.

Blub
Hi!

You couldn't add any more goldfish to a 29gal. From my point of view - 2 Goldies in a 29 gallon is overstocked.

angelfish220
slightly yes it is, since goldfish are messy fish you should have 20 gals for the first fish and 10 gals for every goldI after that.

Blub
Hi!

It's more then that. I'd recommend 25 gallon per Goldfish. I'de say a 50 gallon tank will be required there.;D

COBettaCouple
29g would be full with 2 goldies. I think the tank is big enough for them, using the 20 gallon for the 1st & 10 gallon for each additional goldie. More would be too much waste though. The 2 fantails should be happy fish in that tank.

Also, currently in my ten gallon tank are two fantail goldfish, I'm moving them
to a 29 gallon tank. How many more goldfish could I add to the 29 gallon.

Blub
Hi!

Hmm... I guess they could be OK. You'll need to do much more maintainence, though. (I'd recommend two 25% water changes a week)

angelfish220
I do 2 25% water changes a week in every tank I own. Is that to much?

COBettaCouple
That should be fine. We do water changes once a week, with the cleaning but usually do around 40% now. Splitting that into 2 water changes isn't a bad thing at all. ;D

I do 2 25% water changes a week in every tank I own. Is that to much?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
babykitten
Replies
Views
Sarcasm Included
Top Bottom