New Fish Not Eating

My dream finally came true! I got a pretty little female globetta yesterday. The thing is she’s not eaten yet and shows no interest in food. My other betta, my Glotetras, and my shark all ate the day after I got them. Is not eating so soon unusual? She’s already a bit too skinny and I’m worried about her. I’ve wanted her for months so tell me if I’m being a little overprotective??

Attachments

• FD915F05-5BA9-4F6C-AD7F-6B7A08D3C891.jpeg
    FD915F05-5BA9-4F6C-AD7F-6B7A08D3C891.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 34
It's ok to be concerned about a new fish...Do you keep the lights on in the tank 24/7 (all night last night) ? That may be why. If she's still not eating, turn the lights off for a day and give it to her 8 - 24 hrs later. She might still not be familiar with her environments.

Upvote 0
My dream finally came true! I got a pretty little female globetta yesterday. The thing is she’s not eaten yet and shows no interest in food. My other betta, my Glotetras, and my shark all ate the day after I got them. Is not eating so soon unusual? She’s already a bit too skinny and I’m worried about her. I’ve wanted her for months so tell me if I’m being a little overprotective??
What size tank is she in? What size tank the glo shark is in? What about the tetras?

Upvote 0
Tank size? Full stocking? I’m guessing she’s just getting used to the new tank but I’d rather be on the safe side and make sure that there’s nothing in there stressing her out.

Upvote 0

Latest threads

Top Bottom