New Fish Not Eating

Anixandria

My dream finally came true! I got a pretty little female globetta yesterday. The thing is she’s not eaten yet and shows no interest in food. My other betta, my Glotetras, and my shark all ate the day after I got them. Is not eating so soon unusual? She’s already a bit too skinny and I’m worried about her. I’ve wanted her for months so tell me if I’m being a little overprotective??

treesap

It's ok to be concerned about a new fish...Do you keep the lights on in the tank 24/7 (all night last night) ? That may be why. If she's still not eating, turn the lights off for a day and give it to her 8 - 24 hrs later. She might still not be familiar with her environments.

FishBoy101

Anixandria said:
My dream finally came true! I got a pretty little female globetta yesterday. The thing is she’s not eaten yet and shows no interest in food. My other betta, my Glotetras, and my shark all ate the day after I got them. Is not eating so soon unusual? She’s already a bit too skinny and I’m worried about her. I’ve wanted her for months so tell me if I’m being a little overprotective??
What size tank is she in? What size tank the glo shark is in? What about the tetras?

jkkgron2

Tank size? Full stocking? I’m guessing she’s just getting used to the new tank but I’d rather be on the safe side and make sure that there’s nothing in there stressing her out.

Anixandria

Sorry! Still tired! She’s in her own 5.5g tank. I got her yesterday morning and the light was on all day until night time.

jkkgron2

Anixandria said:
Sorry! Still tired! She’s in her own 5.5g tank. I got her yesterday morning and the light was on all day until night time.
Was it cycled?

treesap

Anixandria said:
It's better to turn the lights off when she's new.

Anixandria

Yup! Cycled for 6 weeks and had perfect water parameters yesterday morning.

treesap said:
It's better to turn the lights off when she's new.
I’ll try that now!

jkkgron2

Then sounds like she’s just getting used to her new tank . Good luck!

Anixandria

Ok, only natural light from the window now

jkkgron2 said:
Then sounds like she’s just getting used to her new tank . Good luck!
That’s so good to hear!! Thank you all for helping!

Anixandria

She ate today! Just one piece of food but it’s enough to make me feel better

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom