New fish! My first cories!

1. aylad Well Known Member Member

Yesterday a shopping trip took us unexpectedly close to my favorite LFS... and I had a cycled tank sitting empty at home... so this happened. ;D

20140710_150053.jpg

IMG_9760 (1280x853).jpg

IMG_9774 (1280x853).jpg

2. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Awww, soo cute :) I love when things like that happen.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

No Cory, no Glory.
    Think Peppers are one of the greatest. Good thing you got you a herd. Interaction/behaviour is great cause of that : you'll like them. Don't keep them too warm : they are coolwater-cory's. Nice pics btw !!!! Good luck!

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Lovely, & you got a nice big group of them too, they'll thank you for that :)
    As DoubleDutch says, don't keep them too warm, of all the corys they prefer the lowest temperature.
    They look like they're enjoying the wafer, if it's an algae one swap it for a catfish wafer as corys need protein.
    Enjoy your corys, you'll love them :)

5. aylad Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the tips!

6. mopa Member Member

I have peppers and they do fine in my tank I keep at 78

7. aylad Well Known Member Member

Just wanted to share a video of them feeding... :p

[video=youtube;HX28C0E79rI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX28C0E79rI[/video]

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

They will be fine in the short term at the higher temp but keeping them at high temperatures permanently will shorten their lifespan.

Nice video Aylad, what's the wafer?

9. aylad Well Known Member Member

It's still an algae wafer. Haven't had a chance to pick up any catfish wafers yet, but I've given them other foods as well.

10. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Be sure they'll get protein / meaty food as well indeed. They are 95% carnivores.