New fish long poop

Sheriffs44

Reaction score
I have had an established tank with a 6 or 7 fish that have all been doing well for quite a while. I bought 3 blue guramis a few days ago and they have seemed healthy, happy and settled but tonight I noticed a super long poop hangin out. I’ve read several things: either over feeding, a bacterial infection, not enough fiber etc. Any words of wisdom here. I’ve decided to put all of my fish on a pea diet for the next three days to see what happens. My son insists it’s a bacterial infection....

Attachments

CrazedHoosier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sheriffs44 said:
I have had an established tank with a 6 or 7 fish that have all been doing well for quite a while. I bought 3 blue guramis a few days ago and they have seemed healthy, happy and settled but tonight I noticed a super long poop hangin out. I’ve read several things: either over feeding, a bacterial infection, not enough fiber etc. Any words of wisdom here. I’ve decided to put all of my fish on a pea diet for the next three days to see what happens. My son insists it’s a bacterial infection....
I think the pea diet is probably a good idea. White, stringy poop that doesn’t pass easily, is usually a sign of a bacterial infection or internal parasites. That poop looks normal in color, but is definitely very long.

Words of wisdom on the 3 blue gouramis, make sure you have only one male in the tank. They’re pretty aggressive fish on average, and will actually kill other male gouramis.

Fljoe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sheriffs44 said:
Definitely try the peas. Make sure you squeeze the pea out of the skin. My black mollies have long stringy poop. I feed peas once a week. Hopefully it’s just constipation.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom