New fish has disease I think

David3738

A new fish I got has a disease they’re white dots all over the tail and some on the body I think it has a disease
I was trying to take pictures but a lot of the white spots are on the tail and there’s a couple in the body on both sides of the fish and I think it’s the disease it’s really contagious and this fish I just put in about 24 hours ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 22

Nate32

Could possibly be ich. Can't tell 100 percent from the pics but ich is a nasty parasite and can spread quickly. There's numerous treatments available. I'm no expert by no means but I've heard alot of people have success treating it with higher Temps ( like 86 degrees Fahrenheit) and aquarium salt, but depending on your tanks stocking you may have to look into other treatments. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will provide more info as well.
Oh and if you could provide water parameters and stocking list that will help determine the best treatment options, scaless fish and inverts can have bad reactions to certain meds and or treatments. More pics would help as well. Wish you the best best of luck, I lost my first 3 bn plecos to ich awhile back.

Upvote 0

David3738

I’m sorry about that

I just put in this copy yesterday but there is two female guppies other than the blue one there is a green endler guppy there’s three Amono shrimp three nerite snails Six sparkling Gourami One baby guppy That is at least three weeks old and then I think there is one baby got me that’s a day or so old but I can’t find But I did put a little bit of water accidentally from each tank that I have I’ll have to monitor those but primarily it’s a 20 gallon I have to check the parameters first but that’s what stocked in it along with a bunch of small bladder snails

Upvote 0

Nate32

I’m sorry about that

I just put in this copy yesterday but there is two female guppies other than the blue one there is a green endler guppy there’s three Amono shrimp three nerite snails Six sparkling Gourami One baby guppy That is at least three weeks old and then I think there is one baby got me that’s a day or so old but I can’t find But I did put a little bit of water accidentally from each tank that I have I’ll have to monitor those but primarily it’s a 20 gallon I have to check the parameters first but that’s what stocked in it along with a bunch of small bladder snails

Ah yes the amano shrimp and nerites may change the treatment, I don't have any nerites but heard they can be sensitive to alot of stuff. I could be mistaken I've read that inverts don't get infected with ich so if you can move them to their own setup for awhile to treat the infected tank/s. Hopefully someone who has successfully treated ich before will chime in with the best course of action. If we're sure it is ich BTW.

Upvote 0

David3738

My endler guppy died I think it was because of the increase of temperature I increased it to 80 from 76 or 77 and he died :(

Upvote 0

Nate32

Sorry for your loss. Ich is pretty stressful on fish. Keep an eye on all the other inhabitants. Ich is very contagious.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Laurosaur
Replies
Views
Haydeno
Replies
Views
Cassiee303
Replies