New Fish For 20 Gallon

jaymethy

Active Member
Member
Messages
175
Reaction score
58
Experience
5 to 10 years
African Dwarf frogs are big on killing fish... so it's possibly adding more fish is making the ADFs feel crowded, thus the need to kill your fish.

The best bet for having new fish would be to get rid of the frogs IMO
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
Logan Bright

Logan Bright

New Member
Member
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
California, USA
Experience
4 years
jaymethy said:
African Dwarf frogs are big on killing fish... so it's possibly adding more fish is making the ADFs feel crowded, thus the need to kill your fish.

The best bet for having new fish would be to get rid of the frogs IMO
So there's no fish that I could get that the frogs wouldn't kill?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
Logan Bright

Logan Bright

New Member
Member
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
California, USA
Experience
4 years
I have a 20 Gallpm high tank with 2 male Dwarf gouramis and 3 African dwarf frogs. It also has a couple of fake plants in it. Do you think some cory catfish would do good in there and if not what would?

*gallon
 

puffer boi

Well Known
Member
Messages
912
Reaction score
235
Experience
1 year
2 male dwarf gourami?
they will most likey fight in the future...
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
Logan Bright

Logan Bright

New Member
Member
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
California, USA
Experience
4 years
puffer boi said:
2 male dwarf gourami?
they will most likey fight in the future...
They used to fight but when I lowered the temperature of the tank they stopped.
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
19,750
Reaction score
13,911
Location
Holland (The Netherlands)
Experience
More than 10 years
Logan Bright said:
They used to fight but when I lowered the temperature of the tank they stopped.
They'll fight wgen in matingmood.
Higher temps trigger this.
That is why I advice to keep them on a lower temp than often advised.
I wouldn't keep two males together nevertheless in this sized tank.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
Logan Bright

Logan Bright

New Member
Member
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
California, USA
Experience
4 years
DoubleDutch said:
They'll fight wgen in matingmood.
Higher temps trigger this.
That is why I advice to keep them on a lower temp than often advised.
I wouldn't keep two males together nevertheless in this sized tank.
So what do I do? I don't want to flush one down the toilet.
 

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
216
Guests online
4,034
Total visitors
4,250

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom